SAU Community

Most Realistic Console Bathurst?

260DET

Most Realistic Console Bathurst?

Have a G25 wheel and pedals setup, need to get the game and the console that will preferably work with said G25. Other than that, the first priority is the ability to do realistic solo laps in a V8 rear drive car that will help me in reality. What are your recommendations dear sirs?

Well it depends on if the g25 is supported by the ps4. Of not check if it's pc supported. It should be. Those would be the options hardware wise.

Games I'd look at is project cars and assetto corsa. I've only played project cars. It's pretty good played it with a controller and it was horrible got myself a g920 and it was heaps better.

Assetto corsa might be better but can't coment on it.

Pc might have more game options too.

Whilst the ps3 gran turismo is the easiest and cheapest method dunno if it is now "most realistic" as title stated.

Ps4 has heaps of wheel support. G29 is the current logitec wheel for it and I think there are thrustmaster options and also fanatec but they're more expensive.

Something I realised is you also wanted v8. Is that supercars? If so dunno if project cars or assetto has fhem. Not sure about gran turismo either.

9 minutes ago, MatthewT85 said:

Ha ha true maybe one day I'll upgrade. What's the price on a fanatec?

North of $1,000 for club sport pedals, steering box and wheel.

The BMW steering wheel feels as if it got pulled out of a race car. 

45 minutes ago, MatthewT85 said:

Whilst the ps3 gran turismo is the easiest and cheapest method dunno if it is now "most realistic" as title stated.

Ps4 has heaps of wheel support. G29 is the current logitec wheel for it and I think there are thrustmaster options and also fanatec but they're more expensive.

Something I realised is you also wanted v8. Is that supercars? If so dunno if project cars or assetto has fhem. Not sure about gran turismo either.

Any chance of sharing a link about the steering wheel support on the PS4 mate?

29 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

North of $1,000 for club sport pedals, steering box and wheel.

The BMW steering wheel feels as if it got pulled out of a race car. 

f**k thats a big investment...

8 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Any chance of sharing a link about the steering wheel support on the PS4 mate?

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/product/g29-driving-force

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t300-rs-gt-edition

I've found Project cars to be one of the better, if not the best thus far. I have driven a v8 around bathurst for COUNTLESS laps on project cars. 
Forza has been up there for a while, not sure if the new one has bathurst? as the old ones didn't.

OH i'd also just double check project cars cars list if that makes sense... It has a "limited" selection of cars compared to the others. But in terms of a sim its fantastic. 

• Like 1

Data loss, try again :)  Thanks a lot blokes for the useful info and suggestions, my real track car has a LS3 V8, see avatar pic. So what the game/simulator must have is something similar, a rear driver V8. Maybe a Corvette or even a old school Falcon GT, that 7 litre Commodore special would be great.

There's videos on YouTube which compare Bathurst on forza vs gt6. Forza looks great but it doesn't have the same tarmac undulations as gt6 does. And if I recall correctly, GT actually go to each track and map it out so it's as accurate as can be.

Gt6 also gives you 2 commodores and an au Bathurst car. For your v8 pleasure.

Had a quick look on YouTube without noting which system, a couple of strange dynamics came up. One outside view showed the car apparently pivoting around the centre when turning and moving around, instead of moving from either or both ends eg car turns right so the front should lead by moving to the right and the rear follow, depending on slip of course. The other was very strange. The car went into various angles of slide in every corner with the front particularly sliding as if on ice without losing speed, in real life the tyres would last maybe a lap and usually the car would not recover from such slides.

So I'm wondering if this sort of behaviour is optional and the cars can be tuned to drive like a real race car. If so, which game is best at that?

Edited by 260DET

You are never going to get the same feel as actually driving a track as in the end it's a game and can only be made to be as realistic as the system allows it. You won't get the proper feel of all the bumps or weight of the car or anything like that.
The only thing I can think of that would even come close to what ur after ( as realistic as driving the track) is a simulator that an f1 team would use

Use to play a PC V8 SC game years ago where the car could be backed in to a corner at some sort of ridiculous speed and then gunned out. Really it was not too bad though but I had sort of hoped that things had moved on since then. Whatever, any one of the console games will help learn the circuit.