SAU Community

Prince GTB Value

Getting Old

Prince GTB Value

Hi everyone,

I am new to this so please be patient.

I own a Prince Skyline S54BE-3. It is original with matching numbers. The wheel flairs were ruined by the previous owner. I had always intended restoring it but left it too long.Hence my name.

Everything is there except for the standard wheels and one LH guard lamp. Motor, Gearbox and Weber pack have been garaged on a pallet since I purchased the vehicle.

I want to sell the vehicle but have no Idea f what it is worth. Can anyone help.

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

20170312_144804.jpg

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Christian,

I have owned it for 33 years. I only drove it twice. Then pulled the motor and box out to start restoration.

I still love it. Especially because it is all still there. Matching numbers. As a restored vehicle that would add value I think.

I have the same old story. Got busy with work and work on the Prince just stopped.

Now I don't have the energy.I also have a series 1 RX7 that is almost fully restored. Selling that as well.

Health issues.

Thanks for the comments

• Like 1

This might give you an idea, i saw this about a year ago in similar condition, about $5000 AUD, but different country different market.

IMG_8474.PNG

Edited by Siam GTR
Different photo

• 2 weeks later...

I did some searching and didnt find much. Few similar era skylines in Japan, but none had prices.

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU3730457392/index.html?TRCD=200002

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU5575180273/index.html?TRCD=200002

Might be worth asking some members of Classic Skylines Australia. Their facebook page might be the best bet. https://www.facebook.com/Classicskylines/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi.

No I didn';t obtain a price. Best guestimates were between 5K and 15K.I had numerous offers at the lower mark.

The death of my wife stopped my wish for an immediate sale.

It is still available but I still won't consider the lower end of the range.

• 1 month later...
On 07/09/2017 at 5:52 PM, HaydOwn said:

Hi mate is this still available?

If so which state are you in?

thanks, Hayden

Hi Hayden,

yes it is still available and I live in Adelaide. 

On 18/07/2017 at 6:31 PM, burgh said:

Did you obtain a price? Have you sold it?

• 7 months later...

Hi Mike, I assume you would be aware of the Prince register? Jason as listed in the post above yours would be a great place to start. Lots of really passionate Prince guys there.

Hi Blue.

The passionate guys I did speak to from the Prince club were all happy to tell me the car was only worth a few thousand due to the cost of restoration. Mind you the cost of components,If I were to wreck it, would be greater than my asking price. 

I came to the conclusion that the only way to get the true value for the vehicle was to restore it. Top to bottom.

Thanks for your input but the experts all seem to be more passionate about scoring another bargain rather than actually giving any real advice. That's why I have withdrawn it from the market.

Regards

Mike