SAU Community

Prince GTB Value

Getting Old

Hey Mike.

Jason here from Prince Skyline GT Register. 
Interested to know who else you spoke to regarding your Prince that was trying to score the bargain you refer to.
Lets not stretch what might have been suggested to you..
You spoke to me early on when the car was first going the market, and i discussed with you what parts were worth and also what it has cost (on average) for the restorations on the last 3-4 cars i know that were restored. This included advice on the "hard to get parts" for original engine rebuilds etc. I certainly had no interest in your car (i have enough already) but did suggest to you that your (at the time) asking price of $30,000 was more than i'd ever seen anything of similar condition sell for. That is reality! But you were, at the time adamant. I simply then offered to advertise it amongst the Prince Skyline GT Register which i did with the additional photos you provided. Not sure what other experts you refer to that you have spoken to that were more passionate about scoring a bargain and am happy to hear from you via pm in this regard. Or, our email, which you should have is [email protected] 
I do question the validity of your statement that the experts (presuming you are referring to current owners of these cars in the Prince Register) won't give any advice...I can assure you any information that you might ever need in relation to these cars and assistance in rebuilding one is shared and assisted by the Register and many of its members to anyone who is rebuilding one. It appears that you have decided to restore it (from top to bottom as you say). This is very pleasing to hear, and would be great to hear of another getting on the road. And....yes we can be of assistance with advice/contacts/info etc. - feel free to yell out or email

I might remind you of your early enquiries (in attached image) where you were suggesting that your car is worth $30,000...What you wrote here was no different to your conversation with me on what you thought your car was valued at. I'm sorry if you were offended when i didn't agree, but as the representative for the Register i base it on what i know cars sell for. And yes...the vast majority of restored or project cars are not publicly advertised.
image.thumb.png.2407de65ec4e93e659333150a8ffbba4.png

Hi Jason,

The experts that offered the bargain prices all telephoned. I accepted your advice and if you check my conversations the last discussion was in April this year where I asked $10,000. In fact I think that was the price I have asked for quite a while.

Regardless of what your estimation is or was I will not sell for less than that.

The best offers have been under $5000.

I was trying to sell an asset due to my wife being terminal, and I wanted money to spoil her. She has now passed away so the need is gone.You can question the validity of my statement. It won't change any fact or what I know occured.

The previous owner has advised me that the seats were changed as was the transmission. Apart from those items the vehicle is original. To restore it correctly I will be chasing seat frames or complete seats and a five speed transmission. I will use what I have if these items are not available.

Thank you for your help and assistance.My criticism was not aimed at you.

Regards

Mike