SAU Community

R33 gtr

Hey guys, need your help with identifying some car parts on my r33 gtr. I am not a mechanic, whatever i have learnt over the years is self taught so it is safe to say that i dont know everything that is on a car. Anyways i was replacing the front right inner cv boot and also fitting new rotors and i came across a hose that i dont know about. First photo is from the outside and second one is from the inside where the drive shaft connects into the hub. Also whats that white silicone stuff on the surface in the second photo?

Secondly i tried taking taking this bolt out shown in the third photo, using a braker bar i am able to spin it but thats all it doing. It doesnt get loose and just spins which requires a lot of force. All help is appreciated.

Thanks all.

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

It's the wheel speed sensor for abs and attesa.

Sounds like the taper is just spinning inside the arm, if the joint is being replaced then an angle grinder up the nut will make light work of the job.

I am not replacing the joint right now but i will be in about 3 months. Do you think it will come off if i use air tools? Because right now i am just using hand tools. I would prefer to use the original bolts so if you have any suggestions on how to take it off without damaging the nut, that would be awesome but if not then il just have to source another nut. Also when i put everything back, do i need to put anything on that ABS sensor and remove that silicone? 

Of course, I forgot about using a rattle gun. I'm a little too keen to start cutting sometimes:7_sweat_smile:

As r32-25t said you can try to create some friction on it whilst rattling.

Clean off dirt on the sensor and just slide it back in

I was replacing the inner cv boot and rotors and realised that the rubber has got some tiny cracks in it due to the age of it. Same issue with the steering rack. I am just getting the car ready for compliance and once its on the road i can slowly start replacing the parts i want. Low on cash at the moment or i would have done it now.