SAU Community

S13 Sprint/Time Attack Style Build

No Crust Racing

2 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

At the risk of actually helping one of these looks pretty handy. I haven’t had to use one because I am strong and can do it with my fingers.

https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/PB70866/powerbar-ii-crankshaft-bolt-removal-tool/

Seen those, does look handy.

I have a mate around the corner who has all the big 3/4" gear so I will just borrow that from him, throw a cheater extension on if needed. Not looking to buy all new gear to replace $5 seal.

Edited by ActionDan

8 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I would say she's smarter than me for sure, but then she did end up with me... go figure. 

Smarter girls always end up with morons like us, easier to control..

My missus is at least 10 times smarter than me, I even spell Mrs like a bogan due to my limited vocabulary

27 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I reckon it comes down to lack of confidence and lower standards.

Society makes them think they are less than they are, so they settle for spuds like us :D

This got deep... 

nah I'm just more fun than the smarter guys, also I have a larger cock lol

anyhow, more SR photos :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Got back from 10 days up north, was great, serviced missus car and sorted some house projects then decided to get back to work on the cruiser, f**king lol hilarity ensued. 

Couldn't get that balancer bolt off and borrowed a 3/4" breaker and extension. Had seen people have success bolting a chain to the front of the balancer in the 2 holes there for the Toyota SST and wrapping it around the frame to hold it still, ended up snapping a high tensile bolt off IN the balancer lol. I was lifting the engine off its mounts and the car was lifting up off its suspension, tried smashing bar with hammer also to shock it, no luck.

Couldn't believe it so had a chuckle and have chucked in the towel as it'll be a rattle gun job, radiator out etc and I just cannot be f**ked. Will take a workshop who can also roady it (if I can get farmer rego for it) so I can just get on with life.

New pulley's in, new rear brake proportioning valve in, brakes all bled and car is all buttoned back up ready to drive into town for someone else to deal with it. 

Gonna make an effort to get that engine moving soon too plus I got back on a dirt bike for the first time in years while on holiday which made me want one again =\ 

49245633_811842672484736_8744554660196515840_n.jpg

49326556_2430322183708701_8250046526760419328_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd whip the rotors off to have them skimmed as there's a slight vibration under light braking, apparently due to an emergency braking situation on the trip down here. 

Quickly realised that means dismantling half the hub and requires a 54mm socket and just put the wheels back on and left it lol

Swapped the rear springs over to a set that matches the front so the ride height is now even/a touch higher in the rear, adjusted the height of the rear brake proportioning valve rod height also. Managed to get 2 of my fingers caught in the spring during the process, had a mild panic moment as I tried to find an angle to get leverage with the breaker to get them free. Quite tender for a few days lol

Booked for Monday to have that balancer removed/bolt extracted, and oil pump housing seal replaced then I'll look at getting a roady and registered so we can go on some adventures. 

My fault for short cutting the job, I could've undone all the suspension arms, but I just undid the shocks then had the missus stand on the hub to give the extra clearance. 

I must admit I have lost a lot of interest in cars as well as heaps of other things. Maybe I'm not going to live that long and this is my midlife crisis lol

• 1 month later...

Prompted to update as it's round 1 of the new season and I'm not even at the track let alone competing.

• Left my job on Monday, had been a long time coming since the business changed owners in August, have no job to jump to but looks like I have a few opportunities available anyway, fingers crossed.
  • If I do pickup work quickly, that will work out well as I had been at my last job a long time and negotiated a a decent exit so will have some coin left over to ship the engine off. 
  • Got Landcruiser roadied and registered as I had to give back my work car. God damn does it smash fuel lol
  • Went to awards night, took my prize. Drank way too much, great night out but paid dearly the day after :D
  • That's not my ugly phone.
  • Thinking as part of the refresh of the car I might upgrade the cage so it's eligible for ore serious events and maybe some door to door racing. 

51847127_2233744166866494_1802584683070881792_copy.thumb.jpg.823f9a4642cc5e7955cfd9136de4ef86.jpg

• Like 2

Not sure about classes as I haven't really looked, I know I could do the Pedders sprints also but I have a heap going on around the whole employment thing so I'm kind of busy at the moment. 

Honestly, I'd be surprised if I made a couple events this year. It's too far down the priority list. 

• 4 months later...