SAU Community

S13 Sprint/Time Attack Style Build

No Crust Racing

Oh no no, I get that point and now I'm not comparing my Silvia to something like the Red Evo in terms of performance. No doubt Evo will be a beast/much faster.  

My point was that with what I have right now being worth 5k (and being a basic bolt on car, stock box, basic brakes, cheap coilovers, and diff, $100 turbo etc) The Evo 7 with r comps, cage, exhaust and who knows what else, wasn't even 1 second faster. Though it would cost me easy 10k on top of what I have right now to buy it. That was an M class car, so minimum R comps. 

There's minimal value in me trading up in terms of lap times vs costs. Can throw some r comps on this, get it up to 200rwkw, and have a blast for SFA $$. 

I do love that you consider my Silvia "worked" :D It's a f**king monster. 

Got a GoPro for my Bday, so bought RaceChrono pro so I can do video capture with data overlay. 

Bought a square set of 17x9, lets hope they fit, wheel calcs say yes, but hard to determine with the tyre on. Can sell if need be, collect those tonight. Will need to buy some 255s now. 

Car is on ramps ready for splitter removal to brace it more and improve mounts. 

Next event is early August but it's a track I dislike so will skip that and tinker away on a few projects. 

Sell it and buy a Garmin VIRB, has inbuilt GPS and the supplied software makes overlay so easy. Also has a nice manual record switch (on to record, record to off, in one movement) so you know it's on when you're strapped in helmet on and don't have to hope you held down the button long enough or too long.

Already had a bluetooth GPS and have been using RC so it has all my session data. 

Recording is as simple as hitting start session on RaceChrono, it starts and stops the camera and syncs it all automatically with the newer GoPros. 

I'm not about to sell the GoPro my missus just bought me for my Bday.. "yeah thanks babe, but nah this is shit, sold it"

21 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Recording is as simple as hitting start session on RaceChrono, it starts and stops the camera and syncs it all automatically with the newer GoPros.

Ah in that case my comments are redundant! 

Picked up those wheels, gave them a wash, and did a quick test fit. The rim clears nicely, but I'm still a bit concerned about tyre clearance, but won't know til I get the 255s as they currently have hektik drift spec 225s stretched on *yuck*. 

I don't love the look as the 25 offset means there's basically no dish, but I cant be picky for the price and in 4 stud. Lack of dish means I'm hopeful that I can get away with a guard roll and not have the extra expense/work of flares. Is that too much of a roll, especially up front? That's measures between 15-18mm or so - a bit less up back. 

Also noticed that the front is now wider than the rear due to the even offset and 15mm spacers, but I need those to clear the shocks with camber. I can't run a rear spacer without running extended wheel studs so I'll just see how it looks once it's all done.

Might chuck the Rays decals on them for extra rice and to break up the black. Should look better with 255s on. 

Gave the car a wash and put it back in the shed, removed front splitter to improve bracing. 

20170722_160515.jpg

20170722_145111.jpg

20170721_214607.jpg

20170721_214557.jpg

20170721_213621.jpg

20170721_213601.jpg

20170721_213553.jpg

Good to see the progress being made and some track time too. You got those GKTech dropped tie rod ends didn't you, how are they working and what's your opinion of the quality? I got a no brand set and am concerned about the strength of the through bolt part, have heard of them breaking too. When they are machined they should be rounded on the inside where the bolt changes diameter to prevent a stress riser, mine are not.

Going to try the Nankang AR-1 in 255, they seem to review well as a cheap R Comp. Hopefully it clears the shock, if not I'd probs prefer to swap these rims for more aggressive offset and then commit to bolt on flares. 

Should be a nice step up in grip and for not much more than the RS-RR in the same size (though I assume RS-RR will last longer). 

https://nankangtyres.com.au/tyre/ar-1/

• Like 1

GoPro frame turned up. Looks decent. I already had the mount.

20527426_10156411183319838_686616803_n.thumb.jpg.8f0b757053fe33e1dc8592ebed1c0191.jpg

Also scored a cheap EBC over the weekend. $50 for Gizzmo MS-IBC V3 complete with Solenoid etc. 

Couldn't say no to closed loop control for that. 

Did some work in the splitter to reduce flex, most of what's left is in the mounts. I will add an additional fixing point with some all thread and leave it at that. 

Edited by ActionDan