SAU Community

S13 Sprint/Time Attack Style Build

No Crust Racing

#ruralyf

The only way to get a delivery reliably is to go to the depot and pick it up. Most annoying is that the receiver never gets to choose the freight company, it is always what is cheap and convenient to the sender, even though the receiver pays for the "service"

Not at all, I buy and sell heaps of shit and I have never had anywhere near this level of drama sending something. 

Also have never had a company justr ranomly hand over my stuff to someone else, without first consulting me. 

Anyway, hopefully the company who has it now just bloody delivers it. 

• Like 1

Hey mate you recall how big the rear end in the territory is? Do you think it will fit a full sized go kart in there without any issues? I'm in the market for something like that.

Also, would you or anyone here reading this know where the actual speed sensor pins are on the fusebox side? Am trying to wire up the RB25 speed sensor up but am having no luck locating the correct pins.

BTW man Oz is something else covered in snow, freaking beautiful.

• Like 1

Hey mate you recall how big the rear end in the territory is? Do you think it will fit a full sized go kart in there without any issues? I'm in the market for something like that.
Also, would you or anyone here reading this know where the actual speed sensor pins are on the fusebox side? Am trying to wire up the RB25 speed sensor up but am having no luck locating the correct pins.

You might get a kart in there with seats flat but it wouldn't sit flat.

Towels and blankets to cover things a d chuck it in.

I have tapped into the speed wire on the ca18 ecu, just used a wire diagram from the FSM.

On 25/08/2019 at 6:58 AM, ActionDan said:

You might get a kart in there with seats flat but it wouldn't sit flat.

Towels and blankets to cover things a d chuck it in.

I have tapped into the speed wire on the ca18 ecu, just used a wire diagram from the FSM.

Cheers mate, yeah Im looking for a dual purpose car/dual cab for family, towing and kart days without the need for a trailer.

Hopefully your stuff was delivered on that pallet and is ok.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:33 PM, The Spaniard said:

Buy a 100/105 series cruiser. Will fit a kart piece of piss. 

• 2 months later...

Engine builder tells me he's selling his SuperGT S15, got a mad offer on it at WTAC. He also tells me he has "begun" my engine, I had told him from the outset no rush as I have no time/space to do swaps n shit right now. 

Do I want to just acid wash the block and then paint it or acid wash then have it glass blasted? Apparently blasting it makes it look brand new? I just want to be able to see leaks and also not have it look shit after a few heat cycles. 

Prado going well, in for a roady yesterday, no issues. Serviced recently, low hassle. Took it to bathurst for the race, went well, was a good event. Bought a DR200 to get around the property, wished I'd done it sooner. Serviced it, replaced a weepy gasket, adjusted shit etc, fouled a plug at one point but have since stripped carby and cleaned and repalced spark plug cap and also properly gapped it etc, see how we go. Can't compain though, $700 and 11,800ks on it with new tyres. 

Got some plans sorted for a shed, going to go with 10x12 and 3.5m wall height, which will give me 4.5 under the apex for my hoist. Wouod ideally like the shed in place after summer so I can start to get serious about putting the engine into the car. I am also doing house renos/fixing/upgrading but that's @Dose Pipe Sutututu's thing, I will try and limit my shit to things with motors and wheels. 

The question is what car as I keep thinking how good it would be an something newer with an all round better chassis, like an 86, but cannot find good info on swaps into an 86. A mate who races 86s said there is easily enough space for a RB/Z32 box in the tunnel and I've seen SRs put into them with good firewall/rad clearence etc. 

That would mean building a new car, but wouold mean being able to sell the current one complete. Other choise was finding a track s14/s15 shell with most stuff done as that would be the most financially sensible option. 

74231773_412812306307099_8271139626547150848_n.jpg

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1

LOL a build is a build, if that means building a laundry/bathroom or so :D

That's so good you have all that space to do things, probably something we'll do once the wife and I find other means to earn a decent income that doesn't involve being near Sydney CBD.

Adulting can suck at times.

Random, but the wife knows I want a BMW - but she said "I don't want you to sell the R33" because she reckons I'll end up buying some other clapped out shit box Nissan down the line (has happened twice already after selling the 180SX and saying I don't want another shitbox). She allow a re-shell into something of choice, guess that's still a win lol.

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

Engine builder tells me he's selling his SuperGT S15, got a mad offer on it at WTAC. He also tells me he has "begun" my engine, I had told him from the outset no rush as I have no time/space to do swaps n shit right now. 

Do I want to just acid wash the block and then paint it or acid wash then have it glass blasted? Apparently blasting it makes it look brand new? I just want to be able to see leaks and also not have it look shit after a few heat cycles. 

Prado going well, in for a roady yesterday, no issues. Serviced recently, low hassle. Took it to bathurst for the race, went well, was a good event. Bought a DR200 to get around the property, wished I'd done it sooner. Serviced it, replaced a weepy gasket, adjusted shit etc, fouled a plug at one point but have since stripped carby and cleaned and repalced spark plug cap and also properly gapped it etc, see how we go. Can't compain though, $700 and 11,800ks on it with new tyres. 

Got some plans sorted for a shed, going to go with 10x12 and 3.5m wall height, which will give me 4.5 under the apex for my hoist. Wouod ideally like the shed in place after summer so I can start to get serious about putting the engine into the car. I am also doing house renos/fixing/upgrading but that's @Dose Pipe Sutututu's thing, I will try and limit my shit to things with motors and wheels. 

The question is what car as I keep thinking how good it would be an something newer with an all round better chassis, like an 86, but cannot find good info on swaps into an 86. A mate who races 86s said there is easily enough space for a RB/Z32 box in the tunnel and I've seen SRs put into them with good firewall/rad clearence etc. 

That would mean building a new car, but wouold mean being able to sell the current one complete. Other choise was finding a track s14/s15 shell with most stuff done as that would be the most financially sensible option. 

I have spent alot of time on dirt bikes. Alot of fun, very under rated. 

Your shed sounds like a wet dream 

31 minutes ago, TimmyMA70 said:

I have spent alot of time on dirt bikes. Alot of fun, very under rated. 

Your shed sounds like a wet dream 

Hahah, I do sometimes wonder how ya'll get buy in double garages... Last house I built a 7x10.5 which was decent, but I always wished I'd gone high for a hoist. 

On 11/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, ActionDan said:

I have been debating for a while to get a 2016 86 but the lack of power and work shop support up this way has put me off that. Thought about swapping the rb25 setup into a S15 but still 20 year old car and would need as much work as finishing the sil80.

Good idea on getting a bike, that pic makes me want to move back down that way.