SAU Community

S13 Sprint/Time Attack Style Build

No Crust Racing

On 8/13/2020 at 3:51 PM, Unzipped Composites said:

I've seen 700rwhp through the stock lines with no signs of being out of flow.

If you put a pressure sensor on the rail it is interesting. Higher than desired base pressure that then drops back to where you want it then potentially drops off is the usual result

You may be able to set 3 bar with engine offf, but when running and pulling vacuum you differential fuel pressure is higher. Not the biggest deal but not great, and makes tuning for big injectors more of a pain.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

If you use a stock fuel system in this I will be so disappointed, basically getting the fuel to the engine for constant HP is critical

In 3rd gear I’ve chopped both an Audi RS5 and C63 AMG, I’m talking several car lengths 

you need a fuel system for track work!!!! Put a flex sensor in it then you can run pump and E85!!! But getting a surge tank right is a black art I have all the secrets to get it right 

It'll just get what's needed. 

No point building a 1000hp fuel system for an engine that will never get there.

Surge tank isn't rocket science either at this power. 

Sounds like I might need to budget for lines, I'm not keen on big base pressures. 

On 8/16/2020 at 5:28 PM, ActionDan said:

It'll just get what's needed. 

No point building a 1000hp fuel system for an engine that will never get there.

Surge tank isn't rocket science either at this power. 

Sounds like I might need to budget for lines, I'm not keen on big base pressures. 

Eagerly awaiting future post complaining about fuel surge lol 

Another option is to PWM your fuel pump in your surge tank and only fully drive them at 100% DC when you're on boost.

This would reduce the issue of having an undersized return line from your FPR back to tank.

I still think using both your stock lines as a return and running a new 8AN line from your surge to your fuel filter -> rail will solve the inherit issues and also be somewhat cost effective enough.

Another way is to run the FPR at the rear and use both the OEM return and feed as a twin feed to the front only. One small downside to this is your FPR "might" react a touch slower than what your manifold pressure is. If this lag translates to you actually noticing is anyone's guess.

I don't even have an aftermarket FPR currently lol plenty of work to do on fuel system when the time comes, it's an area I really know SFA about.

Current setup is a 2L surge with a 460lph Walbro and a 255lph lift pump in the tank with some braided lines here and there. 

• 3 months later...

Life been busy, engine builder been busy. 

Head work nearing completion. 

Basic shed nearing completion - maybe today they said, I opted out of being involved after the slab and ditched the original builder who was painful as f**k

Still have water, power and elec, slab clean-up and seal, get hoist etc before I can look at moving my stuff in and doing any real work, will be slow going as it's gonna be too hot for that shit in summer. 

127033817_190964672645186_8658271013705540230_n.jpg

127217028_680540959269147_6524447770148758623_n.jpg

127281995_420835959088047_6023498355157719150_n.jpg

127458105_986330081854639_8952582370074525194_n.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Any more pics of the head work? I've started porting mine but won't going as far as yours has been done

Not really, he only gives me so much as there's some special sauce in the work he reckons. Dunno if it's relevant to your head or did you go P12 as well? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

no fancy ve head just the standard redtop still. Its hard to find info on what works with these heads so just cleaning up little and blending parts. I am aiming to make reliable 250kw (270kw on scramble) as don't want to do gearbox conversion.

For that power, what you're doing well be perfect I reckon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

For that power, what you're doing well be perfect I reckon.

We'll see going to get into the standard exhaust manifold after I finish this off.

Have you picked a hoist yet for the shed? I've just ordered a HAPP70 will make working on cars so much better

Funny you mention HAPP, I was looking at HAPP40 or 60 I think it was, something like that.

1900-2000mm lift, clear floor, maybe 300mm extensions if Prado cannot be lifted above my head and still clear the safety (I think it will as Prado is under 1600 cabin height with racks at a guesstimate).

Wind is no issue where I am up on the hill, but from personal experience in my last place, the heat rising tends to make them turn a bit anyway which helps and having multiple 300mm holes in the roof allows the air to escape. 

Last shed had a monument coloured roof with thermal break and whirly and it was fine for temps that I'd want to be working anyway. This one has thicker thermal break and a green roof and is higher so hoping it's a little better.

I have contemplated putting an evaporative cooler on this one, but whether it would help or just make it humid AF I dunno. After moving to refrigerative ducted in the house, I'd never go back lol