SAU Community

Cut out/Splutter

Apegrip

Cut out/Splutter

Hi guys, 

New here. I have been searching for days on various forums and haven't found any topics on the issue so forgive me if there is one I missed.

I am helping my friend fix his R33 with a Rb25det. It is currently running 18psi with an aftermarket HKS turbo. It's practically stock minus that and an aftermarket ecu. Long story short the turbo shit itself. It got rebuilt professionally, it is now running a different turbine ect than previous as it was cheaper than garrett internals. The car was sitting for 3-4 months on half a tank prior to the replacement.  By the time it was running again the fuel wasn't ideal obviously. Cleared out the fuel which cleared misfires and what not that was occurring. Runs great now minus an issue. The car randomly cuts out, feels the same as hitting limiter in a car and it cuts fuel. This happens for about half a second then the car goes back to normal. Car pulls straight through the rev range when running normal.  Appears to happen at random. The maf has just been replaced 5000km ago. What other things should I look at? The issue didnt happen before turbo replacement and I believe I've checked all the vacuum lines.

Edited by Apegrip

almost put money on trident being right.

im guessing it stutters about half a second after going over a bump or jolt?

fix is easy, did it on mine and took about 30 mins to do both AFMS (rb26)