SAU Community

Accelerator Cable sticking on full throttle!? Help

1999 R34 25GTV Skyline auto non turbo.

The accelerator/ throttle cable doesn't seem to be retracting, also not sure if this is a related problem but the black nipple at the end of the cable seems to be loose.. is it meant to be fixed to the end of the cable assembly?

I turned right at a set of lights in the wet and decided I would give it a little poke while there was no one around, after correcting I fluttered off the accelerator... or so I thought.. my foot was off the accelerator pedal but the engine was still acting like it was floored. I then continued to depress the brakes but the car would not come to a stop so I had to pull the handbrake and turn the ignition off. Every time i would try to start the car after that it would rev out to 7k as soon as I turned the key. I played with the cable a little and fixed it momentarily. The next day the same thing happened.

Does anyone know of a way to stop this problem from occurring again? Don't feel the safest having to drive around knowing the throttle could get jammed again!!

"in the wet and decided I would give it a little poke" - don't do that!. That will certainly stop it happening again.

But really, the problem is probably that the cable is frayed and cannot retract properly, so it needs to be replaced.