SAU Community

Looking for some knowledge

Looking for some knowledge

Hi guys still new to the forum. Yes I've used the search bar and found a lot of old info on my questions so.... I recently got my R32 GTR it has N1 turbos and was pretty much bone stock other then that when I got it. so this is what I've done so far. 

Hks front pipes 

true 3.5 straight pipe all the way back to a HKS muffler 

HKS super SSQ Bov 

HKS hard piping kit 

ARC Intercooler 

Full Greddy suction kit 

Apexi power FC with a street tune 

removed the boost restrictor 

deleted the ABS rear steering and AC and pretty much all of the suspension has been upgraded 

So my question is I'm looking to make jump to 550 600hp I've been looking at different turbos and it seems like everyone has a different opinion. My plan was tomei manifolds HKS down pipes R35 MAFs but fuel and turbos it seems like some guys say 800cc injectors some say 650s. So just looking for a honest real world opinion or what your running to make 550 600hp I live in Texas so best octane fuel available to me is 93 

sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes lol 

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3742.JPG

650cc injectors will flow enough fuel for ~650HP at the engine.  If your 550-600 numbers are at the wheels, even with American dyno markup (meaning that we think your US dynos read high) then you'd be better off with 800cc injectors.  But to be honest, don't even f**k around with 800s.  Just go straight to some Bosch 1000s and be done with it.  Then you will have spare capacity for more power or E85 (should it become an option).  And no, they are not too big.  You will give nothing away by using them.

I wouldn't persist with twin turbos either.  If you're getting serious and were going to be replacing manifolds and dump pipes, then piss the whole lot off and use a decent modern single.  You will thank me later.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, WHITEBEAST said:

I removed my boost re-stricter from my GTR. IT cost me 14k to rebuild it. And it only has 1 more bore left in block now (over sized pistons).

Sorrry how is this relevant to this thread?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

650cc injectors will flow enough fuel for ~650HP at the engine.  If your 550-600 numbers are at the wheels, even with American dyno markup (meaning that we think your US dynos read high) then you'd be better off with 800cc injectors.  But to be honest, don't even f**k around with 800s.  Just go straight to some Bosch 1000s and be done with it.  Then you will have spare capacity for more power or E85 (should it become an option).  And no, they are not too big.  You will give nothing away by using them.

I wouldn't persist with twin turbos either.  If you're getting serious and were going to be replacing manifolds and dump pipes, then piss the whole lot off and use a decent modern single.  You will thank me later.

So what do you recommend a GTX3582R? 

I was looking at the flatwell single turbo manifolds and then just do a tial 44mm waste gate. Still want some response like something under 5k. I had a bit turbo E30 and the boost came on at 5,000 and I was shifting at 7500 lol f**king usless 

So Doing so research looking like going single turbo is just as expensive if not more lol. Turbo is 3,000 manifold 800 wastegate 600. 3.5 inch downpipe and other Misc welded parts are gonna be around 1,000 so let's ball park it at 6,000$ I thought you guys said this was cheaper lol to do single turbo lol 

don't see how that's more spensive then shelling out for tomie manifolds dumps and a set of brand mew turbos.

If you do do it do it properly with a good manifold, split pulse, twin gates and the like though.

as mentioned above in a perfectly relevant way, stock engine will probably give up soon enough though, so would pay to look at that I think

6 hours ago, Dirty3092 said:

So Doing so research looking like going single turbo is just as expensive if not more lol. Turbo is 3,000 manifold 800 wastegate 600. 3.5 inch downpipe and other Misc welded parts are gonna be around 1,000 so let's ball park it at 6,000$ I thought you guys said this was cheaper lol to do single turbo lol 

Who said cheaper?  I just said "if you are going to pay to do X, then you should do Y instead".  The logical reason for this is that the result will be 500x better than sticking with the crappy packaging and old skool performance of twins.  What does it matter if it costs 20% less or 30% more?  It's a GTR that you plan to make 600+ HP out of.  It is a question of when and how you spend the $50k to make it work.

• Like 1

-5's will make 450kw at the wheels on E85. That is realistically the only option for twins at those power levels, though being American -7's probably make 550hp over there considering how stupidly high your dynos read out. 

Listen to GTSBoy he knows his shit. Realistically anything more than a good -7 setup (which is effectively what you currently have) you may as well go a single, it will out perform the twins in every way, more power, response, and less shit to go wrong. If you want that soft of power, you would have to be an idiot to keep the twins.

Go single if legalities are lax over there in Texas.

IMO GT3582r is good compromise between power and response.

I'm sure with Borg Warner EFR would be wicked.

As for injectors go 1000cc, gives you some head room when you want more power.

9 hours ago, Dirty3092 said:

So what do you recommend a GTX3582R? 

I was looking at the flatwell single turbo manifolds and then just do a tial 44mm waste gate. Still want some response like something under 5k. I had a bit turbo E30 and the boost came on at 5,000 and I was shifting at 7500 lol f**king usless 

I gather you haven't watched the video. Have a look at it - questions of response etc are thoroughly discussed.,

Ok ok lol I guess big single it is. So a GTX35 any reccomdations on exhaust manifolds ? I've been sourcing parts from RHD Japan most Australian company's I've emailed I never get a response back from. I plan on using a tial V60 I've always had good look with tial stuff in the past. If 60mm is to much let me know I hit a big learning curve with the GTR. Coming from bmws I thought this was gonna be cheaper I was dead wrong. 

1 minute ago, GTSBoy said:

Watch the video.  Good recommendations on both ex manifold (Ozzie, of course) and wastegate size/type/arrangement in there.

What video ? 

7 minutes ago, Dirty3092 said:

What video ? 

the one in my first post - cut and paste the link into your browser and scrolldown to see the video

www.goodezilla.com/rb26dett-skyline-gtr-single-turbo-vs-twin-turbo