SAU Community

Build from stock or buy a car with some work done to it.

Build from stock or buy a car with some work done to it.

Hey everyone,

just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the following topic is.

Long story short i've got a r34 gtt which i want to put more power into it. but was curious so i looked on car sales and found another nice r34 with more or less the build i was going to go.

I'm stuck on the choice of do i spend 5k-6k into the skyline i currently have to get some more power into it. OR buy the one with the work done to it. (comes with the style rims i want to buy for mine as well which is a bonus.)

Id be able to sell my r34 pretty close to the price of the one i was looking at so at the most there might only be a $2000 difference.

is spending the extra money (Around 5k extra) worth it just to say i brought all the stuff myself and installed it myself. for example a turbo, inter cooler and injectors.

On 3/27/2017 at 5:55 PM, V28VX37 said:

Buy over build easy, if you're looking at it from a financial perspective.

Actually, buy mine http://bitly.com/4doorad

Did have a look at yours, but not in the price range I'm looking for. does look nice tho and by far the best car add ive ever seen.

buying a car with work done to it seems to be the way to go. Would love to have more power in mine but at the cost of around 6k doesn't really make much sense for when i can buy something with more power and save thousands of dollars.

now the fun part finding a skyline with decent power, that hasn't being trashed to badly lol

• Like 1

What.....and miss all the late nights, greasy hands, skun knuckles, dodgy parts, dodgy dealers, and divorce threats......you guys have no fun!!!!

Whats next????? you gunna talk about your feelings???? 

• Like 3

Assume some things will go wrong or break once you take the car. There is always issues, and best to be prepared.

Make sure owner is not a dickhead, obviously. Check condition of tyres and things when first inspection, then compare it to when you go to pick it up (if they did monster skids and drift sesh before handing over the keys. happened to me).

But yeah, unless its totally f**ked or a piece of shit, you should come out on top.

2 hours ago, mr_rbman said:

definitely as mentioned it's more cost effective to buy a car already modded but half the fun for me is performing the mods...

each to their own I guess..

i enjoy working on my car a lot as well, just trying to decide if that enjoyment is worth a few thousand dollars or not.

22 minutes ago, ruinned said:

i enjoy working on my car a lot as well, just trying to decide if that enjoyment is worth a few thousand dollars or not.

the million dollar question ;)

good luck

1 hour ago, hardsteppa said:

You'll still work on it, no doubt. Having got 2 g for a car i spent 40g on (desperate sale) I'd buy a decent build if it came up, there's bargains out there.

Yeah im gonna hold off any major work on mine for a few months and see what shows up and if something decent does pop up then i think i will take it.