SAU Community

Anyone running a GTX40-series on an RB30 hybrid?

dorifticon

Anyone running a GTX40-series on an RB30 hybrid?

Hi everyone, just trying to find out if anyone is running (or knows of someone running) a garret GTX40 series on a hybrid rb30.

I did a word search on "GTX" in the dyno thread but that threw up a handful of 35 series with power in the low-mid 400's.

Would also be interested in results of any 2JZ's or other I6 3.0s.

If you have any links please post them up!

• 3 months later...

i ran gtx4088 on my 25/30. was considerably laggy compared to 35/82. Currently running precision 7675 and its almost as responsive as 4088 with a whole lot more up top. what power are you trying to achieve, what setup and what is the car used for?

11 minutes ago, s13gtr said:

i ran gtx4088 on my 25/30. was considerably laggy compared to 35/82. Currently running precision 7675 and its almost as responsive as 4088 with a whole lot more up top. what power are you trying to achieve, what setup and what is the car used for?

I'm guessing he has buggered off or something, no response in months since my response.  

So far they seem like a lemon, someone I know upgraded from a GTX3582R to a GTX4088R and didn't really pick up anything really worthwhile power wise but got a heap more lag - then went to an EFR9180 and picked up response and a bunch of power.  

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

After having a look at the compressor charts, decided to run with a Garrett GTX-4202R (T4 split flange)

It's been a bit of a mission just fitting it into the engage bay so far.

I originally had an MTX manifold, but with the extra deck height on the rb30 it sat it up way too high, so had to get a 6boost specifically designed to sit the turbo lower and further forward.

So far it has still required:

-relocating the battery to the boot

-relocating the carbon canister to where the battery was

-relocating the power steering resevoir to i-dunno-where-yet

-"panelbeating" the mounting boss for the ps resevoir on the passenger strut tower;

-further butchering the under-bonnet ribbing above the turbo.

haven't even starting thinking about routing the wastegates or building the dump etc.