SAU Community

Checked threads, not comfortable running spacer on those. 

Given how hard it is to find a square set of 4 stud 17x9, any issue with running 10mm bolt on spacers only at the front? Would mean front track was wider than rear, which is not standard. 

Or could  just run them all round, keep track even and make car wider. 

Or another idea. 

Could use hub centric 15mm or 20mm 4 stud bolt on spacer and then be able run the rear 17x9 rim i have from the other set of the same rims on the front so I can get 255 on it all round). 

Seems there's plenty of guys on there using proper hub centric bolt on spacers, it;s non hub centric and slip on people don;t like. 

Pretty sure that in the US it's common to use varying width slip on spacers, think Porsche did too at least at one time. See pics of some race cars with long studs sticking out.

• 4 weeks later...

Would this cause the hicas to play up? I'm running 10mm on front and when I hit bumps on the highway the car try to "crab walk" a little. Not sure if this is the issue cause they were on the car when I bought it.

I would say no, if the car has even track width side to side there should be no impact on HICAS, maybe the rack works a touch harder as the wheel has been moved further away from the axis of pivot.

Get your rear alignment checked and inspect the HICAS tie rod ends for wear and play of you want to keep it in, otherwise, Lock it out but do it properly where you press the tie rod ends out.