SAU Community

Some one ask me what a TD27T looks like in a R32

Some one ask me what a TD27T looks like in a R32

So some one got a little drunk and made a bet that a TD27T in a skyline wouldn't be sick........

so here's the project so far just because I wanted some were to share my progress ;) 

started off with a Hcr32,hicas all removed and swapped out with factory non-hicas lines and subframe, welded diff, as much weight removed as cheaply as possible 700kg chassis as it sits without a motor.

picked up a factory as frig TD27T out of a terrano, 2WD Navara turbo gearbox and a S14 SR20det cross member. 

Not sitting in her final resting spot yet. Just waiting on engine mounts to turn up. But hopefully over the long weekend I'll get some more done ;)  

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG

• Like 3

It won't rev like a 20 but if it smokes a set of tires at idle then I'll be happy as a pig in sh*t...

so update : SR20det crossmember with SR20det engine mounts bolts straight into a r32 ( I didn't not know this haha )

td27t with the 4x4 engine mounts bolt up to factory SR20det mountings.... its like Nissan wanted a TD in a Silvia.....

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

So i have a issue. Between the crank and steering rack I have say 30mm of clearance. 

This shouldn't issue me except for the fact the sump is getting cut the f*ck up.

the RWD sump I have not much of it will be left except for the rear section the oil pickup goes in. 

If I use the 4x4 sump I'll have the big dropper at the back.

is there a don't make your sump smaller than this guideline?  Or am I just over thinking issues?

I hope this thing is going to go down the path of some of those Euro diesel drift boy setups (Benz, BMW).

Give it a big turbo, 50psi boost and plenty of fuel.  Still won't rev but ought to make enough torque to screw clutches and gearboxes with ease.

Watching with interest.

Edited by Dale FZ1

7 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

I hope this thing is going to go down the path of some of those Euro diesel drift boy setups (Benz, BMW).

Give it a big turbo, 50psi boost and plenty of fuel.  Still won't rev but ought to make enough torque to screw clutches and gearboxes with ease.

Watching with interest.

got given a Garry turbo the other day off a 13b. Exhaust housing is tiny. Intake is a little bigger than A/R 50...

and I'll slap my Nisbro 1 way ARC diff back in once she's road legal ;) 

th kangaroo subject is rather interesting.

I forgot to to say why I came back on...

motor all bolted down clutch is on. 

Waiting on top mount turbo manifold and intercooler to turn up.... gearbox going in tomorrow.

power steer lines have to be cut.

power steer pump relocation to divers side to suit TD mounts. Lines a lot shorter. Fluid tank moved to battery location. 

4x4 sumo clears the rack... needed some encouragement with a 20oz hammer tho. 

Starter mould on bell housing extremely close to fire wall... 20oz hammer. Problem solved. 

15 hours ago, XRATED said:

This needs a 100hp shot of nitrous/propane mix.

f**k yes......

11 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Amazing what a hammer can fix.

Mate a hammer is the on,y thing that can fix stupidity.