SAU Community

Some one ask me what a TD27T looks like in a R32

2 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

That's a good mate!

Definaly some one worth keeping on the Xmas card list!

so update for any one who cares or needs something to read while on the throne.

gearbox is in. Not happy with final resting place of drive shaft impregnation tho. Only about a inch, and I'm curious if the TD bell housing fits on a RB gearbox? Might fix my gear ratios?

drivers side engine mount isn't tall enough. Gearbox is flat, and pulling drivers side of motor off the mount by about 10-15mm going to need bigger mounts. (This will also fix next problem.)

sump. F*** A C***...... I can't read a ruler.sump hits the drivers side of steering rack. Bigger engine mount will fix this issue.

steering UJ at lower of steering Colom. Hits starter motor...... worry about that later just for a giggle.

wiring. There's stuff every we're lol. Not a single bad as building a new RB loom. But just a little.

pipes. The fella that did my braided power steering lines obviously didn't try to connect the hose for res to pump low pressure. The pipe is like 1/16th to small. And has no stretch. Yay.

clutch. I see a major issue here, when, and not if, I mean when this exceedy HD 4x4 clutch explodes. The engine cross member has to be unbolted and dropped 4-6" to allow the gearbox to come of force due to firewall distances. Not happy. But nothing I can do. 

Thats about it lol. I am getting closer to doing a little wright up on how to do this conversion lol. Not many photos from today, didn't want to feel lazy on my iPad all day.

so instead here is a few snaps of the parts truck getting removed from my property lol. 

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while. 

Just haven't had motivation to work on any of my cars for some reason.

nitrous looks like a no go sadly. Just can't seem to find a supplier of it down south in nz sadly. Was really looking forward to ruining it :(

Looking at either meth or LPG injection as a added boost now.

still waiting on the engineer to finish gate adaptors haha. 

I didget the R32 GTR nismo 3" exhaustin the other day. Just need to ship the car down to the workshop to get front half of exhaust done :)

• Like 1