SAU Community

2006 250GT Aux/16 pin connector

Hey guys,

I've been using my bluetooth for music in my 2006 Skyline 250GT for months now and I'm finally over the cutting out issues, so I've taken apart my center console and had a look and see why there is no cables coming through the 3 holes used to red/yellow/white cables.

I know absolutely nothing about these sorts of things but as per photos, the 3 plugs were plugged into some box with foam glued around it under the center console (so I couldn't see what it was) I'm hoping it's plugged into the massive (I think 16 pin) connector (refer to photos again)

So my question is - Am I able to find a connector somewhere that turns that 16 pin connection into an aux/something for my iPhone to play music? Or am I going to have to resort going to an auto electrician so they can connect an aux.

Thanks so much for the help in advance.

Cheers,

Rupert. 

17909463_10158516193930228_1605287700_n.jpg

17965225_10158516194095228_257335743_n.jpg

The previous owner has installed an aftermarket device that connects your phone's screen mirroring to the auxiliary input of your system. The dodgy bastard has removed the AUX RCA connectors in your console in an effort to internalise all the cabling.

That solves the mystery of the three empty holes.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 3:53 AM, acesofspades31 said:

Hey guys,

Same issue here, can't seem to find a way to get the mirabox installed. Any luck Huskian?

Hey dude,

Nah no luck so far aye.

I'm probably going to have to end up going to an Auto Electrician. :(

Hey dude,

Nah no luck so far aye.

I'm probably going to have to end up going to an Auto Electrician. [emoji20]

I've gotten in touch with sinergy motor sports from SA and they have a RCA Harness that may work but from what I've researched it plugs in the back of the head unit.

Please see the link below

http://www.sinergymotorsports.com.au/cart/products-page/nissan-skyline-v36/video-rca-input-cable-harness/

Again, I'm not 100% sure if this will work but I'm still researching on it and nobody from sinergy has gotten back to me. May be you can show it to the auto electrician and see if it works. I would strongly recommend to get a professional opinion before you order a $100 cable.

I think that cable is only for vehicles that already have a factory Nissan Japan TV set up. Is it to add RCA inputs into the TV tuner, and I think is mainly for M35 Stagea and V35 Skylines. As far as I am aware, all V36 models with and without Nav, have RCA connectors in the arm rest. If they are not there, then someone has opened up the armrest and repurposed them for some other input to the factory display screen.

Pretty certain that when I had it all apart to fit my cruise control and tv screen on all the time cable, there were no spare inputs on the back of the head unit.

Hey dude,

Nah no luck so far aye.

I'm probably going to have to end up going to an Auto Electrician. [emoji20]

Hey mate,
I just got RCA Inputs done at carstereo.com.au in Perth. Not too sure where you're at but it costed me about $110 for everything.
If you're in WA, hit them up.

• 2 years later...

Unsure if related but going to post here as well

Yo if anyone is still looking into this. This blue box pops up when Bluetooth drops. I think it's to do with carvings attempting to connect to the radio towers in Japan and failing. 

I set a setting to only connect when the car starts. 

Go to carwings 

Option 1 (information channel setting)

Option 1 (automatic time setting)

Option 3 (when engine starts)

Doesn't do it anymore and it was doing it every 5minutes (what the previous setting was to talk to radio towers.)

Happy uninterrupted Bluetooth Y'all!!

IMG_20191107_172205.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 4/15/2017 at 3:17 PM, Huskian said:

Hey guys,

I've been using my bluetooth for music in my 2006 Skyline 250GT for months now and I'm finally over the cutting out issues, so I've taken apart my center console and had a look and see why there is no cables coming through the 3 holes used to red/yellow/white cables.

I know absolutely nothing about these sorts of things but as per photos, the 3 plugs were plugged into some box with foam glued around it under the center console (so I couldn't see what it was) I'm hoping it's plugged into the massive (I think 16 pin) connector (refer to photos again)

So my question is - Am I able to find a connector somewhere that turns that 16 pin connection into an aux/something for my iPhone to play music? Or am I going to have to resort going to an auto electrician so they can connect an aux.

Thanks so much for the help in advance.

Cheers,

Rupert. 

17909463_10158516193930228_1605287700_n.jpg

17965225_10158516194095228_257335743_n.jpg

I’m trying to connect my phone for Bluetooth only calls connect mine is 2007 250gt how did I connect Bluetoothmusic