SAU Community

Transport Costs for R33 Skyline GT-R

jonrules12

Transport Costs for R33 Skyline GT-R

Hey I am extremely new to these forums as I am a current BMW owner looking to buy my first import. It's a R33 Skyline GT-R Vspec. Just one problem, the one I am super keen on with low mileage and a pretty decent exterior is in WA and I am located in the ACT. Could anyone assist with their knowledge of how much it would cost to have that car hauled from WA to the ACT or maybe at least somewhere I can then drive it home from. Really unsure as to how this would be accomplished or if it is doable, seeing as WA to ACT is basically across the whole country. 

Help is much appreciated (:

Hello, I too got my car from WA and had it shipped to Victoria. My costs were $1800 door to door. My car went on the flat, enclosed race transporter rather than the open ramped style transporters. 

I used Ceva, as Glavsport in WA had experience with them and had no problems with them. It did go very well, however, just be cautious if you go with Ceva as a high number of other people had not had such great experiences. If I were going to ship another car, I would take careful notice of the condition of the panels and most importantly take a photo of the dash cluster before it leaves and compare it once you receive the car. If you do this, you'll be ok.

Best of luck. Steve.

(Edit: I should add that it ends up on a train at some point and I don't know too much about that, it might be enclosed, or possibly not, best to ask).

Edited by Steve85

• 4 months later...

You can save a fair bit of money by going to the depot to pick up the car yourself and/or getting the seller to drop it off at the depot on their end.

Make sure that ride height clears 12-15cm, as some freight companies will not accept vehicles that are too low.

Horror story of transporting my 33R from Canberra to Melbourne - I flew in to purchase the car and had booked to fly back home later in the arvo. Long story short, the depot knocked back the car cause it was 10cm off the ground. So I was outside a mechanical workshop 1.5 hours before my flight was due to depart, painfully tapping coilovers with a hammer and screwdriver trying desperately to raise it, overinflating the tyres and eventually ripping off the front lip so that the car would clear 15cm and the depot would take it. I had to leave the lip at the workshop in Canberra cause I wasn't allowed to put any objects in the car for transport. Didn't know what they were worth at the time...lucky it was a slightly damaged one...