SAU Community

Warm idle issue - Help

Hey all, Need a bit of help. 

Been having this issue for a while, It starts having idle issues when the car is warm, usually after about 15-20 minutes, I have got videos of what it sounds like when cold idle and when the issue starts to happen. As well as NDSI logs of as the car heats up and the when the issue happens. It was at protek automotive for about a month and they didnt find anything. 

I replaced the coil packs with new ones it kept happening, then i replaced the spark plugs with new BCPR6E-1, then also resoldered the AFM solder joints. 

Any insight would be more than welcome. 

What the exhaust sounds like cold. 

Issue as it starts to happen and get warm.

Issue as it gets worse.

What it sounds like from the drive side fender. 

I really hope someone can find what the issue is, I'm getting pretty sick of this not working.

Thank you all so very much. 

NDSI20170420_162105.log

Edited by Binarydata
fixing youtube embeds.

• 2 years later...

Hi yes, sorry forgot to post the fix. The cas on mine went bad. The post that spins was really hard to spin. Got a replacement and fixed all the issues. Later took the broken one apart and lubed up the bearings and that fixed it. Put the ex-broken one back in the car and it's been running fine since. 

After it did what was in the video it would just stall and sometimes start again, some times not. 

Cheers. Will have to look into that then. As I’ve pretty much done all the same swap outs you had done. Plugs, coils, air filter replaced a few cracked vacuum hoses all to no avail. Was just about ready to pull the maf apart to look at solder joints but might check the cas first 

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers mate. 

recently bought a consult and plugged that in. Came up with 15 faults for maf sensor and one for knock sensors but says 0 starts in brackets??? so got me a second hand maf and I cleaned out the throttle body while I had the piping apart. That was filthy. All seems to be going well now. I’m going to hunt down the knock sensors to see if they are properly connected and the wiring is in good condition as from what I’ve read the sensors are pretty bullet proof. And I’m wondering if the 0starts means it isn’t picking them up but not sure. 

I wouldn't think that the knock sensor would be causing a warm idle issue. Maf would. 

Mine comes up with 0 starts after resetting the ECU. If you turn the car all. Leave it for 5 minutes start it again does it come up with 1 start?