SAU Community

Skyline GTR vs FD3S RX7

Skyline GTR vs FD3S RX7

R32/R33/R34 GTR vs FD3S RX7

I am in the process of searching Japan for a 33 GTR, though the thought has crossed my mind as to whether to go for a Series 8 RX7.

Speaking to plenty of friends within the import scene, a lot of them seem to think dollar for dollar the RX7 is the pick of the bunch....as its lighter, handles like a go-kart & straight out of the box will generally leave a GTR for dead.

Who has driven both and which do you prefer, and why....

Personally I would pick the GTR, they appear to be going up in value (34 especially). I have never driven either so I can't compare practically. Good luck with the decision. 

Edited by Firty Free

18 hours ago, Firty Free said:

Personally I would pick the GTR, they appear to be going up in value (34 especially). I have never driven either so I can't compare practically. Good luck with the decision. 

Value can be applied to the RX7 too, which are heavily rising also. Both are great cars, honestly it's a win/win no matter which car you pick.

I'd take an RX7 over a 32/33 but an R34 over the RX7.

Edited by Gymkhana

if you want to go fast just buy an evo.

if you want to buy a 90 nostalgic car, both will go up in value, both will brake going fast anyway. pick the one you like more.

• Like 2

I feel like GTRs are past the point of where they are good value for money, much better options available. If this was 2-3 years ago, I'd say pick up a clean Series 3 R33. 

I'd go an Evo or an RX7 over a R32/R33 GTR, and having driven a R33 GTR I think you'd be underwhelmed with the result.

Edited by owen1r
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

RX7 faster around Wakefield with less or next to no mods.

Also, plenty of 1/2JZ swap kits from all mounts/shafts/exhaust and wiring. Literally plug and play.

You mean LS? lol