SAU Community

RB S-Chassis weights

aleks

Thought I'd start a thread for the s-chassis folk.

Digital hanging scales are are my favourite toy at the moment, trying to get as much weight as possible out of my 180sx and think I can get it close to 1100kgs with stock panels and glass windows with an RB25. Already know trying to corner balance the is going to be alot of fun and I'll do a more detailed write up soon.

Edited by aleks

Not a S chassis but a bloke I know with a track 370Z got it down to a touch over 1,200kg, all stock panels and powertrain. The wiring alone was something like 50kg including air bags.

• Like 1

My 180sx with a RB20DET was around 1250kg full interior without carpet and sound deadening, AC and ABS removed, full tank.

• Like 1

This was the weight distribution :

492650IMG20150502165724.jpg

Like I said, full tank, no carpet, AC and ABS removed full interior otherwise, RB20DET swap with battery in the trunk.

Edited by R_34
  • Like 1

vwx19ot.jpg

Heights are way off as I have just changed around suspension and arms around, just wanted to get an idea of total weight.

RB25 Neo engine, standard panels and glass. No AC/heater/radio. Tried to remove as many non essential, brackets, bolts/nuts, wiring as possible.

With 1/3 tank of fuel, gutted interior except for roof lining,dash, center console, door cards, drivers seat (bride zeta 3) and power windows. Small lithium battery behind passenger.

R33 Gtst brakes front and rear, all of the suspension is after market,

17X9.5 gram heavies with 255s all round.

Edited by aleks

Yep, no cage but I am leaning towards putting a half cage in.

I think there are an easy 20kgs I can still take out of the front, 35kgs really pushing it.