Jump to content
SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Toyota Echo/Yaris Coil pack conversion for RB25DET


iMick

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Kraaken.r32 said:

Hi guys, been reading up on this as I have now bought some of these echo coil packs. I want to do this swap in mt rb20. Do I bypass the ignitor? If so how can this be done? Also is the wiring for the coils the same as rb25? 

Yes you have to bypass the igniter. It’s done by bypassing it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ben C34 said:

Yes you have to bypass the igniter. It’s done by bypassing it 

ok great, is it a direct wire to wire? i cant find any info on that, do you normally just splice togther? if you know which wires need spliced would be great info for the thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Kraken,

I just completed this not to long ago on my RB20, what I did was identify what wire from the ECU fired what cylinder and then soldered that wire up to the corresponding plug on the loom. Another way to do this is outlined above by just pairing the numbers on the bottom of the ignition coil. But I recall there was an extra wire I had to do something with, I'm pretty sure it was a ground wire which I just paired up with the other ground wire that goes onto the coil pack holder..

Below is the colour combination of the wires for my stock ECU which may be relevant but double check yours.. 

54236697_2526481310712901_1661104337172037632_n.jpg.32e6bcde421a9886c06f9405e457e3ac.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dylannn said:

Hi Kraken,

I just completed this not to long ago on my RB20, what I did was identify what wire from the ECU fired what cylinder and then soldered that wire up to the corresponding plug on the loom. Another way to do this is outlined above by just pairing the numbers on the bottom of the ignition coil. But I recall there was an extra wire I had to do something with, I'm pretty sure it was a ground wire which I just paired up with the other ground wire that goes onto the coil pack holder..

Below is the colour combination of the wires for my stock ECU which may be relevant but double check yours.. 

54236697_2526481310712901_1661104337172037632_n.jpg.32e6bcde421a9886c06f9405e457e3ac.jpg

Thank you very much that makes sense! Thank for the pinout will help with future guys doing the swap as well as my self! 

 

14 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

The wire that goes to the igniter for coil 1, now needs to go straight to coil 1.  I think you can work the rest of the pattern out.

Yes great answered many questions with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wondering will this conversion work with stock rb20 coils with changing the dwell timing?

I'm looking at doing this conversion as my coils have shit the bed, want to upgrade but I'm unable to change dwell with my current ecu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, GTSBoy said:

You need to change the dwell.

Nistune the ECU. You're missing out on free power if you don't anyway.

I'm running a microtech I'm.not sure if you can change dwell with the lt12.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is hard to beat RockAuto for these, at least for quality coils -- Denso, NGK, AC Delco/Delphi. Avoid junk. Denso is a major supplier to Toyota, and Toyota had a lot to do with getting the company off the ground and is still a big minority owner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 4:04 PM, ganthercage said:

It is hard to beat RockAuto for these, at least for quality coils -- Denso, NGK, AC Delco/Delphi. Avoid junk. Denso is a major supplier to Toyota, and Toyota had a lot to do with getting the company off the ground and is 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 still a big minority owner.

avoiding junk is just a crucial step that you have to take

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...