SAU Community

V35 insurance for under 25

V35 insurance for under 25

Hey guys,

just joined up to SAU. 

Looking at purchasing a v35 skyline 2004. What typical prices are people paying for insurance as justcar isn't an option anymore... I live in adelaide and am 23 years old, no previous claims. The cheapest ive been quoted is $1700 through shannons. Any tips will be appreciated. 

Justcar is no longer renewing or starting new policies. Existing customers are being sent to shannons and aami. My policy for my m35 stagea was transferred to aami and was cheaper than JC. Op, give aami a shot and see if they a) will cover you and b. if its cheaper than shannons. Let us know how you go. Cheers.

I got a quote through SGIC under my mothers name for $1230, $1000 excess plus $300 for being under 25. That's the best by far I have got so far. I'm currently waiting on a broker to get back to me to see if they can get something cheaper so I will post what ends up happening. 

I've tried all the major companies, only sgic has quoted me under $1700 a year.  

• 2 months later...
I got a quote through SGIC under my mothers name for $1230, $1000 excess plus $300 for being under 25. That's the best by far I have got so far. I'm currently waiting on a broker to get back to me to see if they can get something cheaper so I will post what ends up happening. 
I've tried all the major companies, only sgic has quoted me under $1700 a year.  

Try Shannon's, I'm paying $1300 per year with $500 excess. They are pretty good.