SAU Community

Steve's R33 LM Limited Upkeep

Was good to meet you mate, Hopefully Ill be heading over to Melbourne early next year for another catch up

Edited by Pal

On 05/11/2017 at 12:13 AM, Pal said:

Was good to meet you mate, Hopefully Ill be heading over to Melbourne early next year for another catch up

Can't wait. Depending on your timing, there might be a really little one in the house. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hmmm. A full year since, I've bothered to update anyone on the car. I seem to be rather hit and miss in here. 

Since the last update the car has been back to RacePace for changes to the fuel system layout. Instead of bringing the hoses up through the wheel well, they all come through on the drivers side of the boot now. 
This means I can put the boot back together and throw in a spare wheel as well. I'm hoping this will quiet the noise of the fuel pumps.

The car was also tuned to make a little more power, importantly I've stopped rolling so much coal when I step on it. :) The car is sitting at about 600 hp at the wheels. 

I drove the car a little last weekend, it's feeling amazing, exactly the right amount of power, delivered in a very linear manner. It's extremely driveable now. I also got some new brake pads put into the car, more suited to the street. This has also helped to bring my confidence up. 

The car hasn't been out much, as i've changed jobs and we had a second child. It's funny how it works out and how little time you can end up having for these things.

I know most of you are here for pictures... here you go! 

SAU_Racepace_Nissan_R33_GTR_LM_Tomei.jpg

SAU_Racepace_Nissan_R33_GTR_LM.jpg

SAU_Racepace_Nissan_R33_GTR_LM_Rear.jpg

20181118_151223.jpg

20181118_125323.jpg

20180808_085530.jpg

20180808_085401.jpg

20180808_085418.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Proof that she still runs! (fyi: this is 10kph in 2nd gear). Took a friend out in the car for some cruising around a month or so back. My friend and I drove around for a few hours, I really started to come to grips with the car. In particular new brake pads have really helped to give me a lot more confidence in the car. It's always a bit of a shock getting into it, as it's so low, so loud and importantly fast!

As always I've been keeping a low profile thanks to work and family. Just recently someone, managed to get his Championship Blue GTR impounded at a fairly decent speed. Think i'll just continue to lie low for a few weeks.

For those of you who are expecting big changes... none. Even though I had the fuel system moved around, i still haven't built the interior of the boot or got to work on the stereo. (in fact, points off for me, as I took apart my wifes car to access the battery). For the most part, I just go out and stare at it in the garage. It makes me feel happy seeing it in the driveway (and less guilty for not driving it). 

VicPol-GTR.jpg

Edited by Steve85
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello valued SAU people. I went out and had some images of the LM and my wifes car taken by an actual photographer. Needless to say the photos were way better than anything I can produce. 

We went down to Docklands to take the images as I wanted an urban environment as the backdrop. We removed the plates for the rolling shots as I can't stand them. They just look so ridiculous on the front of the car. When I get custom plates, I'll be sure to get at least one slim line one. 

The rolling shots are easily my favourite. Here are the images (where the LM is the main focus):

IMG_7745.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7750.jpg

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

IMG_7756.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

IMG_7699.jpg

IMG_7707.jpg

IMG_7726.jpg

IMG_7737.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

IMG_7742.jpg

IMG_7744.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

But the series 3 HID projector headlights look better (with better vision to boot).

I couldn't agree with you more. But, they're ridiculous money and it looks like i've missed the boat on getting a set for less than 2.5k. Never mind.
I am still to polish the ones on it. That will help a little (i hope).

Had to sign in to say this is funny, i do recalled seeing this on Vic Pol FB.
Beautiful car.
My GTR friends absolutely blew up my phone initially thinking it was me until some people with keen eyes saw a couple of differences.

Thanks for the kind words. [emoji16]

2 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

My GTR friends absolutely blew up my phone initially thinking it was me until some people with keen eyes saw a couple of differences.

Thanks for the kind words. emoji16.png

? silly me....
On the plus side, there is another LM in town?

3 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Thanks for the kind words. emoji16.png

Oh yeah dual exhaust tip vs single. 

5 minutes ago, West said:

On the plus side, there is another LM in town?

No this one has just been painted blue apparently. 
Although. My friend @Pal has just sold his LM to someone here in Melbourne. So no the one above isn't an LM, but yes there is another in Melbourne (in a few weeks I think).

6 minutes ago, West said:

Oh yeah dual exhaust tip vs single. 

Yep, and if you zoom in its got a Vspec sticker and mine doesn't.
But in your (and everyone elses) defense, I actually assumed someone had stolen my car and called a friend to around to my house and check on it as I was on holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

I know they're rare but are they rare enough that the blue LM I saw at Monash hospital many months ago was likely one of these mentioned?

• Like 1

I know they're rare but are they rare enough that the blue LM I saw at Monash hospital many months ago was separate to any of these mentioned?

I think that the other LM in Melbourne maybe didn't sell across to Canada like people had thought. 

Apparently according to Eric (LM) someone from Melbourne contacted him with a mint one in Mlebourne he's thinking if selling. I'm thinking it might have been that one. Someone else saw another one the other day.

Somehow I've lost track of them... ah well

Oh and Eric's LM is coming here. I believe it arrived last Friday. [emoji7]

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome read Steve, keep it going.

I've recently been working on my r33 GTST, but with new house, new son, im getting less and less time to work on it, so I like reading up on other people's experiences in a similar boat to me.

Cheers

• Like 1

Awesome read Steve, keep it going.
I've recently been working on my r33 GTST, but with new house, new son, im getting less and less time to work on it, so I like reading up on other people's experiences in a similar boat to me.
Cheers

Thanks for the kind words. I know the feeling of no time. I've two girls of my own and find myself super time poor almost always. We all live vicariously through one another here. Glad you're enjoying it! [emoji16]

If you're a fan of long stories written by me check out my wifes car that i write about.

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/475448-The-Stock-R33-GTR

The Stock R33 GTR

• 1 month later...

So some of you may know, i have an Istagram feed full of my car, my wife's car and any other meets i go to.
I get a lot of questions via DM about cars people are looking to buy and if they are "good ones".

With this in mind I made a video that covers what I look at to attempt to tell the condition of R33 GTRs using mine and my wife's car.

Feel free to use it if you get the same questions:

• 1 month later...

My wife and I took our cars out to a night meet at Docklands Costco (Cars and Coffee). 
It was absolutely packed. I had no idea how many cars would show up, turned out hundreds...

It was a pretty good mix of cars, if they could just lose the people who show up in stock Commodores and Falcons with straight through exhausts it would be perfect. 

The GTRs got a lot of love while we were there, and the silver one picked up a very slight scratch in the rear bar (sigh). I'm sure it's only the clear top coat, but it's still annoying as hell.

Anywho, pictures (not all mine btw):

20190907_200225.jpg

20190907_200228.jpg

20190907_201032.jpg

FB_IMG_1568116231441.jpg

20190907_205356.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Had an internet friend come around... we took the LM around the block a couple of times. Quickly. :D (but at compleeeetly legal speeds). I don't have any pictures or video...

We spent most of our time talking nonsense and comparing the cars. He has an awesome Series3 R33. It's super duper clean and looks amazing on gold BBS LM rims. 

We also spent some time poring over the magazines and brochures we have. It was fun to have someone around who is also super excited by these irrational items.

IMG_7242.thumb.JPG.a9718e9ccfb60dd94d7acf4ba9bb02e7.JPG

IMG_7243.JPG

R33 Sammy.jpg

IMG_7052.JPG