SAU Community

Steve's R33 LM Limited Upkeep

Can I know what sort of exhaust is that? It's look nice

It's a RacePace system. They build them in house and they are spec'd to each car as required.

Mine is a full stainless 3.5" system. It uses a high flow cat, tuned length headers and V-Band connectors.

You can have them with standard headers and welds, but, I figured if it was getting done, I'd go all out.

I'm not usually a fan of r33's, but this car is just beautiful. Congrats.

More pics needed of all the gear on it. I know Galvsport did a very thorough job building this thing.

• Like 1

It's a RacePace system. They build them in house and they are spec'd to each car as required.

Mine is a full stainless 3.5" system. It uses a high flow cat, tuned length headers and V-Band connectors.

You can have them with standard headers and welds, but, I figured if it was getting done, I'd go all out.

Thanks Steve. Btw pmed u as well

• 2 weeks later...

Road trip to GTR festival;

The view out of my door at 7.00am.

IMG_1496399972.300564.jpg

We popped the car on a trailer last night to save time.

IMG_1496400005.968576.jpg

IMG_1496400064.534450.jpg

We missed a stop for diesel. Then drove on to the next, 12kms before we got there;

IMG_1496400125.693257.jpg

Diesel stop;
IMG_1496400179.480013.jpg

IMG_1496400229.833726.jpg

And... made it;
IMG_1496400288.448726.jpg

IMG_1496400300.538754.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Be still my heart, that is one beautiful car. Puts down some serious power too. Looking forward to following this car and its undoubtedly bright future.

Thanks mate. Hoping to get it out to more meet ups, shows and cruises. Unfortunately other things take up most of my time... :(

2 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Thanks mate. Hoping to get it out to more meet ups, shows and cruises. Unfortunately other things take up most of my time... :(

I can relate, with getting married here in 4 months and planning the wedding, working 60+ hours a week to pay for car and parts on top of other bills, not too much time for anything right now. But somehow these cars keep calling me back, as I'm sure yours will too.

• Like 1

Saw this at GT-R Festival. Awesome that you brought it all the way to Sydney for the event. Keep enjoying the car. [emoji4]

Thanks man. We just bought a car seat for the little one today. So hopefully it can be fitted and we'll use the car a heap more.
Fastest 2 year old in her family that's for sure!

30 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Thanks man. We just bought a car seat for the little one today. So hopefully it can be fitted and we'll use the car a heap more.
Fastest 2 year old in her family that's for sure!

sure the baby seat will fit as sometime i do drive along with my 3yrs old daughter :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been quiet here, because, I've been lazy regarding my car.

I've done a couple of very minor things with the car:

• Sold the old exhaust to a member here for what I hope was an appropriate amount.
  • Installed a baby seat in the back for my little girl to ride around with me. (*Side note, is anyone interested in a "how to" article on install a child's car seat? Obviously, I would take no responsibility, but i'd be happy to document what I did for my daughters seat).
  • Went to a birthday party for a young skyline enthusiast. Took him for a ride with his uncle and made lots of choo choo noises for him to enjoy. This was a part of a facebook group, so I was pretty apprehensive, but turned out to be a great day and met some other really generous Skyline owners.
  • I've just bought on ebay a different parcel shelf for my car. This one has speaker holes and grills (and looks to be an OEM item). It was $100 in total (including shipping). Considering I couldn't find any others, i couldn't decide if the price was right. And then I got anxious and bought it anyways.

Here's a couple of pictures:

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5050.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

20623-001.jpg

• Like 2

It's the little things that make a huge difference

You're right. With the car seat I can use the car for commuting rather than just straight up drives to nowhere.
And having a decent stereo will also be good!
  • Like 1

Haha, yes, I'm in the process of upgrading the stereo in mine.
Have you thought about modifying your suspension? I know you've said it's very harsh, it can be somewhat comfortable and still maintain great handling.
I'm just trying to find time to start fitting some of the parts I bought.
I need to start another thread, I'm helping put together my old GTR to get it back on the road [emoji848] it never ends lol

• Like 1

@old man 32 I've considered it. But I have a feeling it's going to see some track time in the near future. Plus I haven't had time to research my options. Ideally I would want a setup that could be a stiff and damped as it is now and the ability to soften it up from there... I just have to work out all the numbers (especially the $$$)!