SAU Community

Steve's R33 LM Limited Upkeep

On 24/06/2017 at 11:40 PM, cln1902 said:

sure the baby seat will fit as sometime i do drive along with my 3yrs old daughter 

You were right. The baby seat fits great. I made a real quick DIY for other people to understand how easy it.

I wish I could sleep this easily. She did wake up when I reach full throttle that one time. 

Then straight back to sleep.

IMG_5076.JPG

Edited by Steve85
Added image.

Have a chat to Racepace about their revalved gear or Bilstien PSS9's. Don't be tempted by the BC junk (or the like) unless you don't like your kidneys or spine. Spending a little bit more here is worth it!

Have a look at and consider replacing some of your bushes. At the end of the day it's a 20 year old car, the bushes are old and brittle. This is definitely something that is "gee, I didn't realise it was that bad" until you start changing them out. Rear subframe alloy collars is a good and cheap start.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Don't be tempted by the BC junk (or the like) unless you don't like your kidneys or spine.

From my experience, these are ok (when you factor in the price) on the track where its nice and smooth, but are not all that useful anywhere else. For example, the front end of my car lifts over the bumps between turns 1 and 2 at Sandown, even with the softest damping setup. Strengthening the damping only made the situation worse as the front end would be in the air longer. The thing about this setup is I don't know if I am changing just the rebound or the damping, or possibly both. The other thing I've discovered is the faster I go the better they perform, until... you lose contact completely, which is bad, really bad.

So really what i'm after is suspension that is as hard (and compliant) as the BCs at their softest, and can then be softened up much further. I can't see a reason why I might need more. 

14 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Have a chat to Racepace

Any excuse to go down there is valid in my book. So many nice cars to look at. :) In any case they are my go to people at this time for technical detail. Helps they have an R33 Racecar.

15 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Have a look at and consider replacing some of your bushes

Next time its up in the air I will check it out (or more likely, ask someone to check it out for me).

• 2 weeks later...

New parcel shelf arrived. This one has speaker cut outs and I damaged grills. IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

No more two speaker setup for me!!!
(Well, once I've wired it all in of course).

^ That should read, "un-damaged speaker grills". It's in excellent condition, i just need to work out what to do with that hole in the middle. It shouldn't be too hard to print a piece to slot into it to block it off, I might even attempt to emboss it with a GTR logo.

Do some R33 GTRs have high mount stoplights? Or has this parcel shelf come out of another model? It was advertised as a GTR parcel shelf, but i'm now thinking that might have been to capitalise on the GTR tax.

2 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

That "hole" is the wiper motor on top of the parcel shelf, bottom of rear windscreen. 

It is a hole if you don't have a wiper... :)

1 minute ago, admS15 said:

There is a small plastic piece that slides in there and goes below the rear wiper. I have a spare one i can donate to you.  Im in melbourne s.e.

I work in the S.E and would very much appreciate your donations. I'll PM you. You are very kind.

1 minute ago, admS15 said:

No probs, happy to help out. A ride in the LM wouldn't go astray, lol:1_grinning:

Can do, just not today, or any other work day. After some bastard tried to steal it from out the front, it doesn't get to come to work now... :(

26 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Sad face :( i feel like finding that bastard now and teaching him a good lesson. I think knee caps is a good lesson teaching area, lol

Yeah, I had a chance, but I was just straight up confused as to the situation... Apparently according to the police officers, Glen Waverley, through to Springvale is a real "hotspot" of stolen cars, in particular 90s and early 00s seem to be their favoured models. I was just in the police station picking faces from a lineup, the officer was telling me they had picked up one kid who was participating in a game of "who can steal and photo themselves with the most Pulsars".

The worst part was he said even though they know who they are, because of their ages and backgrounds they are likely to receive suspended or light sentences, assuming they could find them.

On 8/10/2017 at 10:20 AM, Steve85 said:

Yeah, I had a chance, but I was just straight up confused as to the situation... Apparently according to the police officers, Glen Waverley, through to Springvale is a real "hotspot" of stolen cars, in particular 90s and early 00s seem to be their favoured models. I was just in the police station picking faces from a lineup, the officer was telling me they had picked up one kid who was participating in a game of "who can steal and photo themselves with the most Pulsars".

The worst part was he said even though they know who they are, because of their ages and backgrounds they are likely to receive suspended or light sentences, assuming they could find them.

Interesting...how long ago was this? Little cunts recently tried to steal my GTS-T from the work carpark in the south east. Broad daylight in front of our CCTV; they just don't give a f**k these days. Teenagers on school holidays or unemployed dropkicks with nothing better to do. At least the criminals of old were stealing for carparts to make money. These guys just do it for the thrill/joyride, dump it and/or burn it.

They turned up in a stolen car and tried to push start my car using that one - morons didn't realise on the first go that this process doesn't work with an immobiliser and well hidden kill switch, so now I have a fked rear bumper and ignition barrel. They split when they failed at yet another thing in life, so at least my car didn't go far, but I find myself asking why amongst a plethora of medical bills draining my finances, I have to wear $1000 of vehicle damage because some drain on society wants a thrill in his day.

Like with you, the police said they likely know who the perpetrators were, but even if they get an arrest out of it they will be let off easy because of our piss weak courts. And crims know this, which is why they continue to run rampant in Melbourne. I've suffered more punishment from the law for driving a modified vehicle than most of these real criminals ever will. Street justice is the only savior to the law abiding citizen.

I was initially upset that the f**kwit who stole my motorbike killed himself speeding on it. But the police were never going to catch him otherwise and these peoples don't care what happens to you because of their actions. So f**k em...out of my world please.

I was only chatting to the officer about 3 weeks ago. It's really shitty and I actually feel worst for the cops. They're on first name basis with these shits and still can't get the courts to lock them up. It sucks pretty bad. I think that I read Melbourne had the worst car theft/car jacking of the country.

Yeah this attempt was made 3 weeks ago too. Does not surprise me at all to hear that, nor does hearing about a car being stolen from any location in any suburb. Insurance is an absolute must. Just sucks mine is an excess of $1200 (that's TPF&T lol) just because the type of car it is, i.e. a Nissan Stolen. I take consolation in knowing the kind of people who steal cars are seldom successful in he greater scheme of life and tend to travel down a path that leads to death or misery. Sorry to hijack your thread.

• Like 1

Took the car out to a Skyline Victoria Facebook group cruise. It's a pretty good bunch, with a few kids and a lot of awesome people around. No one spoils it for the rest and we all get on well. I took my daughter in her new car seat. She was mostly excited for snacks that kept coming her way though.

We met up in Hallam (SE of Melb) (a few cars were passing by and stopped in, including this R34!):

IMG_5201.thumb.JPG.9a57d87e0b3e10349345c8cf003df79f.JPG

IMG_5193.thumb.JPG.c456e9d125ccaf5788264751410ce28d.JPG

Then we drove through the hills to a place called Kinglake. It was badly effected by a bushfire some years back. They've rebuilt some of the town and have two very important things in my life:

• A playground with bbqs.
  • E85 Petrol Pump in town!

These were some images from a lookout that we stopped at late in the day.

IMG_5206.thumb.JPG.ce0899947820d38e7d735756f171936f.JPG

IMG_5212.thumb.JPG.a605c3f99c5f95fb6cabeddd0d8ea86c.JPG

And safely home again.

IMG_5241.thumb.JPG.0670c38d47bcea33c1c4fa65ce84516b.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok, first up, i know i've been slack adding content here... Life gets in the way of my SAU presence. :)

So I have done a few things with the car since I last posted above. 

I met up with @Pal while over in Perth. We run a Facebook page and are trying to find all the LMs. 

I've been to a couple of charity car shows/cars n coffees. 

I've also been out with my Facebook mates a few times now. 

And most recently had one of the member take professional photos with my car and a model. Ironically, my mate and I sat and chatted about push bikes for 2.5 hours.I finally washed the car completely. It still had heaps of fingerprint dust all through the car.

I've also got aspirations for more parts, starting with a useful stereo as this one is shit, no ok, no suitable, not capable. Shit! Really shit. At full volume it barely covers the noise of the full pumps. :(

Side note, I also joined the Instagram world as LMLimitedSteve so if you want to see more pictures look me up! :)

IMG_5524 (1).PNG

Washing.JPG

Meetup.JPG

Photoshoot.JPG

Photoshoot2.JPG

Berwick Car Show.JPG

• Like 3