SAU Community

Steve's R33 LM Limited Upkeep

And here is the panels fitted to the car. I haven't had a chance to take it out, but I'm willing to bet that with the stereo and these panels the car is much nicer to cruise around in!

IMG_7492.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG

IMG_7493.JPG

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG

• 3 months later...

Hello and welcome back to Steve's upkeep where he updates things whenever he can be bothered, or he remembers, or he gets so bored he takes to the internet and adds content!

As I write this we are in the middle of "social distancing" or "preferred human contact" if you're an introvert/IT guy. Things are quite bleak for a large portion of the worlds population. So what better way to "spark joy" than to show you the results of having my car, washed, detailed, corrected and finally ceramic coated...

Please see these pictures from a good guy I know through the GTR owners in Melbourne, he completed all the work for me. He is quite popular among GTR owners and has outdone himself again!

33 GTR LM Initial Wash.jpg

33 LM Before_After.jpg

Ready for wheel cleaning.jpg

33 GTR wheel well1.jpg

33 GTR wheel well2.jpg

33 GTR wheel well3.jpg

33 GTR wheel well4.jpg

Finished R33 GTR LM Limited.jpg

Edited by Steve85
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Dear internet friends. Once again I am asking you to pay me some attention. I am bored during lockdown (or whatever version your state/country has). The social distancing thing has sort of been lifted "ish". I don't know, i'm just trying to avoid you all anyways. 

A few days ago we had an SAU meeting, and we did a special stream from Garage35Racing's (SIN35 & MAD35) workshop. I currently do some IT work for the owner (Lance) and he was kind enough to agree to show us around during the monthly meeting (now online). 

I went down there a little early  as we had some IT work to discuss/google (<that's an IT joke folks). As a special bonus, Lance's (and I suspect everyone's) mate Jason had left his R33 GTR in the workshop for us to ogle. 

I also invited down a mutual friend Carl who brought his GTR also... 

I'll let the images speak for themselves...

20200526_212551.jpg

20200526_213106.jpg

20200526_211506.jpg

20200526_212602.jpg

20200526_213126.jpg

20200526_213428.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome pics

never been a fan of that diffuser for 33’s

i used to have the abflug carbon rear diffuser and I felt it made the rear end just that little bit extra

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UWISSH! said:

148B675C-B9CE-4B45-8354-5A1767D054E0.jpeg

Hey! not bad, not bad. It kinda has that OEM ish look as it appears to extend from the Caps/whatever we call them these days. 

Also i would like a diffuser that actually did something... other than add weight. (but I am known to be vain from time to time).

1 hour ago, Steve85 said:

Hey! not bad, not bad. It kinda has that OEM ish look as it appears to extend from the Caps/whatever we call them these days. 

Also i would like a diffuser that actually did something... other than add weight. (but I am known to be vain from time to time).

They used to also be available in FRP but I think these are long discontinued 

the fit of it was 100% spot on. It extended back to the diff and bolted up under there.

but yes had an oem look to it

• Like 1

FRIENDS; I went to a friends (Lance Warren's) BBQ at his workshop the other weekend. There was few familiar faces and a whole bunch of internet people who I know very well. but have never met. I met Jason, Steve, other Steve,  Ads and Manda... I know them all. Except in person. ?

It was  great day, a little bbq, a lot of talk about RBs and VRs and even some discussion about a VR HSV GTS that was there (surprisingly high tech for the time). Lance fired up SIN35. We all went deaf. It sound like an animal just waiting to shred humans to pieces. I don't know how he has the guts to drive that thing. 

I also let Ads drive my car on a little cruise we went on and Lance took me out in MAD35. It has ruined my mind. It is an impossible car that shouldn't be able to be that fast while being more comfortable than my car. I also felt like my car was too slow on the way home... :(

Here are the obligatory images and the only reason you people hang around... ?

***The videos of SIN35 don't do it justice. You know that feeling of a sub-woofer interfering with your heartbeat/rib cage. It's like that... 

20200530_134741.jpg

20200530_143704.jpg

20200530_143708.jpg

20200530_143644.jpg

20200530_143729.jpg

20200530_143628.jpg

20200530_134514.jpg

• Like 2

Internet friends. It's that time of Steve's life where he was getting complacent. As such the universe as served to deliver a warning. 

I will admit, i got lazy with my physical security of the cars. The fact that they were being blocked in by my crummy Audi Racecar and the E61 Wagon is the only reason this was a warning...

My wife took our BMW out the other day and lo and behold, what does she find but a Nissan Key. Not one of ours. A Nissan key that DOES fit the barrel of my car with some persuasion. 
I hypothesise that someone has followed me home/worked out where i live and had a real try at stealing the LM from my garage.

The BMW when it has no key in it, cannot be put into Neutral. This is the ONLY reason I believe I still have a blue GTR in my possession.
It appears that someone managed to unlock the LM (the door) and has then turned their attention to the BMW to get it out of the way. 

I did a bit of a panic and locked out house down
as tightly as it could be at the time. This included wedging the Audi into the driveway and driving (with a sledgehammer) two rocks under the car so I could not get them out easily. 

I then proceeded to order bollards for our driveway. The next day the bollards were installed and I felt much happier. You literally need to do an hour or so of grinding to get to the car OR bring a massive crane and hoist it over the fence from a Neighbours house. 

It took me an hour or so to remove the rocks from under the Audi. I ended up jacking up the car in an inappropriate way ever so slightly (less than 10mm i'd say) tires were still contacting the ground.
Then using a block of wood, crow bar and the same sledge hammer proceeded to remove the rocks from the other side of the car, as there was no hope of removing them with a pulling force (or one that I can manage).

Here are some images of the ensuing chaos and solution.

I'd also be keen to take tips here. Is this upkeep giving you too much info on my location? Am I oversharing on my details? Happy to take constructive criticism at this point. Please don't just bag me out... I am not feeling wonderful about this already. 

IMG_8456.JPG

IMG_8457.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8476 (2).JPG

A64347F6-0A76-4E55-AD0F-5095A9323970.jpg

It’s a horrible feeling, I remember years ago when I had I last GTR, it was a daily at the time, I noticed one morning the garage door lock had been damaged, obviously an attempt to gain access. lucky they failed. 
back then I used to leave the keys in the ignition, and didn’t have comprehensive insurance, ok the car was only worth 15k. After that I kept the keys in my room. 
I don’t think you are giving away too much info from your posts, but I guess you can never be too careful, in the last couple of weeks two GTR’s have been stolen in Sydney, that I’ve heard about. So keep them locked up tight 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

So keep them locked up tight 

Honestly, I think this was my biggest issue. I left most of the physical defenses unlocked or down. I've learned my lesson at home. Things have changed now. 

Thank god BMWs are the worst when they have no power... ? I'm going to go give it a decent wash and a good clean inside. :D

Man that's lucky, and annoying at the same time people who steal cars are  f**kheads

2 bollards is a pretty good deterrent, with the  cordless grinders around anything you can do slow them down helps.a camera on that area would also help, as they are going to be there for a bit of they decide to try and remove the bollards

• Like 1