SAU Community

Steve's R33 LM Limited Upkeep

Wow, that's crap mate! Bloody scumbags out there.

I might suggest asking @PranK To delete all your photos that give away where you live or what your house looks like.

Perhaps moving it to a secure car storage place might give you piece of mind. I'm not entirely sure how "secure" they are however it's monitored and would be somewhat safer than in your home.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Wow, that's crap mate! Bloody scumbags out there.

I might suggest asking @PranK To delete all your photos that give away where you live or what your house looks like.

Perhaps moving it to a secure car storage place might give you piece of mind. I'm not entirely sure how "secure" they are however it's monitored and would be somewhat safer than in your home.

Totally agree. It's why I don't post any pictures of my car. I've had one stolen before and it's a gut wrenching feeling. Back in March of this year I busted cu**s trying to get into my garage yet again but cameras and my trusty baseball bat stopped them. ? Sorry to say this guys but there are shit cu**s who troll forums looking for cars like this. Security is paramount.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

Also I read it first as you sledgehammered the Audi into that position!

If I thought i could do, I would have... Hahahahaha

Steve85 I'd go as far as changing your plates as they're on the internet now. No doubt in my mind that "hottie" cars are stolen by professionals, not your typical houso "eshay". These professionals could and often have corrupt individuals in state road authorities. Food for thought mate. Stay safe.

Edited by trel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I might suggest asking Prank To delete all your photos that give away where you live or what your house looks like.

Perhaps moving it to a secure car storage place might give you piece of mind.

If you wouldn't mind, would you PM me which ones you might think are inappropriate? I didn't think I had ever shown the front of my house or the road i live on. I could be wrong on this.

I have some secure storage quotes lined up. I just thought I could get away with it being at home, i suppose. I will start looking to cut my budget to afford the additional costs. 

53 minutes ago, trel said:

Security is paramount.

Totally. It's getting to be fort knox over here... ?

1080p cameras with motion detection should be your next investment if you already haven't. I shudder reading posts like yours. Thieves infuriate me we work hard for our hobbies and home.

Edited by trel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, trel said:

Steve85 I'd go as far as changing your plates as they're on the internet now.

Yeah, this is actually on my "to do" list. Has been for a while truth be told.

And I agree, this one didn't feel like a "joyrider" special. Feels like dumb luck that I found out via a dropped key in the BMW. Nothing was technically out of place, other than cars being unlocked. I feel like they left to research how to move the BMW and were going to return. That's why I did a bit of a panic and went full crazy on the Audi driveway blocker.

5 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Yeah, this is actually on my "to do" list. Has been for a while truth be told.

And I agree, this one didn't feel like a "joyrider" special. Feels like dumb luck that I found out via a dropped key in the BMW. Nothing was technically out of place, other than cars being unlocked. I feel like they left to research how to move the BMW and were going to return. That's why I did a bit of a panic and went full crazy on the Audi driveway blocker.

100% they'll return. Stupid is as stupid does. You either let them get the car, or you catch them red handed and not let them leave. ??

• Like 1

Moved mine into storage last year after a couple of attempts to steal. I was lucky.

First attempt, the would be thieves were deterred by the alarm going off.

Second attempt, the same thieves accompanied by muscle were staring at an empty car space. I had moved it to a friends garage the day before as I had to travel overseas to work. As I said, lucky

Both times, faces are caught on CCTV. They couldn't have cared less.

Other than the anger that I felt about my car almost being stolen, damage to door locks etc. I felt anger at the thought that others could have been caught up in this bullshit.

I am not a millionaire. My car isn't a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari or Koenigsegg (however you spell it). But I have to spend money like I am one to keep hold of my circa $50k car.

People say that GT-R owners are precious. Is it any wonder?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...