SAU Community

Mongoose M80 (pre 2009) security system help

Aden_00

Mongoose M80 (pre 2009) security system help

Hello all. Having a major crysis and in dire need of some expertise!

I have a mongoose m80 security system which is a pre 2009 model. My remote is worn and had electrical tape over the buttons as the rubber button mold was broken. this has caused an incident where I had left my car for a day or two and noticed when i had to start it the tape was holding the button to disarm down that entire time. now my remote fails to disarm my immobilizer in order to start the car.

so a brief summary of my attempts to fix this problem.

• replace battery on remote- no change.
  • cannot disarm the system as I'm the cars 3rd-4th owner and have no paperwork anywhere for an override PIN as mentioned in the systems manuals.
  • cannot re-sync the remote as it requires disarming.
  • the siren is dead so i have no idea what "chirping" it may be making to represent a fault.
  • checked all inline fuses on the module and in the vehicles cab and engine bay for good measure.
  • budget to repair is tight as a nuns bum so cant just buy a whole new system until last resort.

Open to suggestions as I'm ripping my hair out and mongoose help is only open Mon-Thur, but having to work makes it pretty useless atm.

• 2 weeks later...

You need a friend who is good with electronics. Most of my cars have needed their remotes rebuilt. As long as the chips on your remote are ok, you should be fine.

Have someone who knows electronics look at the keyfob. Most of the time the switches wear out and break. Do you know if the remote is actually working when you press the button (is there an LED?). This is where i would start.