SAU Community

Tim's 1992 N14 SSS Build

20 hours ago, junkie said:

Love quality work like this, its actually not that common. Whenever i check out modified cars i don't look at the mods but at the quality of the work, and 9/10 times its average at best

Thanks very much mate. I do try and take my time with all my mods as I have a little OCD. So if it's not right it just results in rework, waste of time, money and materials ?

Thanks for the words. Much appreciated 

Hey guys, some more track prep this weekend. 

Finished making up my 2.5" sidepipe. Squashed a 4" piece of stainless pipe - a mate of mine and I love the look of the old 910 Bluebirds sidepipe and we wanted to do something similar.

I didn't want to make a complete system for the sake of a track day, especially when the VE exhaust will be 3"

Here are a couple of photos:

mSCd1Vdm.jpg

9u9FuCgm.jpg

W49YJKom.jpg

UAW5wGAm.jpg

Performance wise alot better! Revs really free, has alot more punch and the SR scream is pretty full on! 

Anyway thanks for reading. 

14 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Wont get booted off tracks too quickly with that exhaust?

I did think about that too Leroy, although I had a mate attend a Track School Trackday (Wakefield) recently in a N14 with a side pipe, no issues. He is using 2 x 14" perforated resonators, I'm using a 14" and an 18" resonator in mine. Both resonators are louvered style and setup in reverse orientation so the louvers catch the sound. 

In short I'm hoping not mate, although there is always the potential. I'll take the stock system down just in case.

Edited by TimmyMA70

6 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Yeah take a backup. From what i hear Wakefield will be ok, amy other days with a 75db limit, i doubt it

Thanks for the heads up man :) much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on.

GPS activated Varex, Wakefield can go EAD after.

One guy with a dead stock Porsche kept setting off the dB meter. 

At the rate Wakefield are going, they're going to destroy Goulburn's economy once everyone stops going there and heads to Luddenham or other places to avoid their BS.

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

GPS activated Varex, Wakefield can go EAD after.

One guy with a dead stock Porsche kept setting off the dB meter. 

At the rate Wakefield are going, they're going to destroy Goulburn's economy once everyone stops going there and heads to Luddenham or other places to avoid their BS.

Yeah wow thanks for the insight man. I'll take the stock exhaust down, just in case. Does Luddenham have a dB restriction?

They do as well but it's not like Wakefield where depending on their mood may be 90dB or 95dB, because they don't want the cows and sheep disturbed.

Most of the guys that still go generally back off at the dB meter/camera after turn 2 but with the introduction of GPS controlled Varex there's a way around it Lol.

10 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

They do as well but it's not like Wakefield where depending on their mood may be 90dB or 95dB, because they don't want the cows and sheep disturbed.

Most of the guys that still go generally back off at the dB meter/camera after turn 2 but with the introduction of GPS controlled Varex there's a way around it Lol.

Haha! Cows and the sheep!

Ahh so the dB meter is at turn 2? ?

Hey guys! Update time again.

So all the track prep during last week definitely paid off! We had no issues what so ever down at Wakefield last Sunday (24.6.18) Even with the sidepipe!

We managed to get 6 x sessions in during the Trackschool Track Day. I took my wife along for her first ever track day so we had 3 x sessions each.

Good news is she absolutely loved it, the bad news is she's almost as quick as me...��

My PB in my N15 (with SR20VE) was 1:16.06

I did a 1:16.16 in my N14

Wifey did a 1:16.83.... on her first ever track day.

So either I need to pull my finger out or I need less mechanical sympathy lol.

Following this little paragraph will be a few photos of the track prep that was under taken also some photos of the day taken by myself or my wife, (no pro ones yet)

There will be a couple of videos to follow once I finish giving them a tweak

A bit of a pre-service (brakes and clutch were only bled/flushed weeks prior)

WTHrJuol.jpg

Finished off my gearknob too, it is a Grimmspeed (Subaru) unit although I did some calcs and wanted one around 600g this one was 650g and needed a few mods including drilling/tapping the threads deeper down then relieving the inside to allow the short shifter to sit properly.

AKuF1NEl.jpg

Then I dialed in some angles on the little red rocket.

I opted to buy a set of the Nankang AR1 tyres too, after reading so many good reviews, I thought I might as well give them a try when presented with a really good price on a set.

mOyjLQdl.jpg

A quick snap to show how cool the morning was: still -3 at 7am

Tm6SA30l.jpg

All setup, warmed up, ready for our first session:

wnpZefGl.jpg

fGVtZi9l.jpg

The wife lining up ready to give the rocket some hell

tFnQWK8l.jpg

And a shot under the Wakefield arch just before home time:

hXAnpMGl.jpg

Edited by TimmyMA70
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Good job man! 

I think you just need to grow some balls hahaha. 

Thanks mate!

Lol yep I definitely do, no denying that. I'm not hugely confident out there behind the wheel on the track. ?

although...

I definitely had a shitload of fun!

2 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

That is all that matters!

I am the world's worse track driver, so I make up time by having an insanely fast straight line car LOL

Even better than me having heaps of fun, my wife asked me when the next track day is? She had a blast. 

Hahaha!!

This might be where I can knock some seconds off. 

More fasts for the straight line stuff ?