SAU Community

Tim's 1992 N14 SSS Build

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Not bad at all, just need to brake later :)

Thanks man! I've had a fair few detailed tips from a few mates who are alot faster than me. So that'll give me something to work towards next time :)

Also, I had a little fiddle this afternoon and managed to get the harness bar mounted in nicely. Need to machine up a couple of new spacers to make it fit perfectly. Although it's not too bad now.

I want to run this:

1. So I can use my harnesses safely, the bar is setup to be level with the top of my shoulders. I am waiting for my other harness to arrive.
2. So I have somewhere better to mount the GoPro, so it doesn't look like I'm filming from a potato... ?

Anyway, here is a couple of photos.

VI9XYJ7l.jpg

JR5DrR9l.jpg

RDu1nIcl.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Sexy!

Are you running the same front caliper as a GTi-R?

I'm actually using A32 Maxima front calipers and rotors man. 

Twin piston calipers 280mm rotors.

Rears are a mash-up

Essentially A32 Maxima setup

Although on an N14 its not a plug and play unlike an N15. 

GTiR rear calipers with A32 Maxima caliper brackets and Ford Focus ST170 rear rotors (280mm) machined down to 278mm same as the Maxima. 

GTiR rear calipers are the same physical caliper as the A32 rear, just the caliper bracket spacers the caliper out. 

21 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Interesting! That's pretty cool man! 

If you get a bit more competitive I reckon have a chat to Intima Brakes Australia, they love sponsoring grass root motorsports!

I want to keep this car street registered or at least right on the border lol, hence no cage, so no full on serious racing for me.

I will have a shitload of fun doing some 'club' type track days in it though, especially with the wife on board with it all ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, another parts accumulation post.

I bought myself a 4 point underbody brace from Whiteline, I'll fit it up and re-wheel align before the next track day :)

P.S

I've got a bigger post coming, it's more parts accumulation, although I think you'll like it.

1jgpVfWl.jpg

Okay, another update. I have had this in my hands for some time now, although I haven't posted any images just yet, so here they are:

This is a SR16VE N1 intake manifold off the JN15 VZR N1.

These intake manifolds have a larger throttle body and better designed runners than the SR20VE, their only downfall is they are designed for a 1.6L, so the diameter of the runners is a little small.

I sent the manifold over the AMMFAB in the US as his work is second to none, especially his welding on cast aluminium.

The runners were ported out excessively, same as the plenum. This is the intake manifold I plan on running on my built 20VE once finished.

The N1 manifold have been proven in the past once ported to within an inch of their life. So I am hoping this one will be the same.

The plan is to have the manifold and TB ceramic coated in silver to keep it looking nice and bright.

Enough jabbering and time for some photos:

UlLK5Cgl.jpg

uUJfiFHl.jpg

jfyQ5aNl.jpg

VZcXwl9l.jpg

3SSe5XWl.jpg

oulmpNYl.jpg

6dGLUTxl.jpg

nIMceRyl.jpg

LGvKXS6l.jpg

m5teZfYl.jpg

vsKxAAEl.jpg

v5g2EBUl.jpg

uw8IVkCl.jpg

nsHQdNJl.jpg

Wd0PjaQl.jpg

ilX24r8l.jpg

Edited by TimmyMA70
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Wow, amazing! 

Can't imagine that being more cost effective than a tank of nitrous but hell cool!

So much this. Gassed my pulsar way back on my Ps. Dollar/hp cant be beaten.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordy32 said:

Oh wow, you're not kidding about it being ported to within an inch of it's life

Definitely don't kid, lol. I'm really keen to see how it performs though! 

2 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

That's some nice work.

Thanks Ben, hopefully the work pays off mate. 

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Wow, amazing! 

Can't imagine that being more cost effective than a tank of nitrous but hell cool!

?? she's always going to be strictly N/A, no swaying me there matey. 

Definitely won't be as cost effective though, you're right. 

16 minutes ago, WantGTR said:

So much this. Gassed my pulsar way back on my Ps. Dollar/hp cant be beaten.

I really love an unassisted N/A screamer ?

Unfortunately $/hp sucks quiet alot in that respect. That's why I put the N14 on a diet ?

• Like 1

Gas is just like the icing on the cake. A single fogger wet system is easy and cheap to setup. 

You can still have a crisp AF na screamer.... with an ace up your sleeve ?

Having an n14 before i regularly check this thread lol

Edited by WantGTR
  • Haha 1