SAU Community

Tim's 1992 N14 SSS Build

14 hours ago, TimmyMA70 said:

I'm a fitter/machinist Dan. I have helped other people out previously with different projects along the way. I love helping people, however the biggest reward is the ones who truly and genuinely appreciate your time. 

The last guy I helped I realised the extra cash is just a sweetner, as unfortunately the appreciation was more of an expectation... I struggled alot with motivation. 

However the guys who give good feedback, it honesty wouldn't worry me if I got paid or not lol 

Thanks for the feedback and compliments as usual mate ?

OK so as long as I'm really appreciative you will come to my place and finish my car, sounds good. Hell I'll eveb fly you down here ;)

Quality makes sense given profession. 

11 hours ago, Burger said:

"12 Primera Street" I see what you did there.

You like that? ?

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

OK so as long as I'm really appreciative you will come to my place and finish my car, sounds good. Hell I'll eveb fly you down here ;)

Quality makes sense given profession. 

Sounds good to me man! Lets make it happen ?

I've always been interested in custom car fabrication/sheet metal work etc since I was an apprentice. Did an advanced welding course to learn some more about tig welding and the sheet metal, I just make up as I go along. 

6 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Maybe I can have SAU build my car. 

Timmy can build and fab, @Dose Pipe Sutututu can tune it, and we can do a GoFundMe to pay for it all lol  

Oh shit! Here we go. It's happening ?

You get a free car build, you get a free car build and you and you ??

Never thought of a gofundme for something so important! ? 

6 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

and while we at it, we can fund the tuner (me) a F30 335i M-Sport with a factory LSD lol...

I will contribute to that a fund a built R33

While we're all in the giving mood! Why not? 

Yeah it works well, I give my R33 to the fund, somehow someone trades/strips/sells that and turns that into a BMW for me, and i"ll tune the car, and you get paid for fab work :)

All the extra cash can go into our pockets.. what an idea, just as good as that LMCT plus site!

20 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Yeah it works well, I give my R33 to the fund, somehow someone trades/strips/sells that and turns that into a BMW for me, and i"ll tune the car, and you get paid for fab work :)

All the extra cash can go into our pockets.. what an idea, just as good as that LMCT plus site!

What could possibly go wrong!?

Very minor update. 

It drives. Drove it approx 10m out the back to give it a wash. 

Still a few things to sort out, like rusty rotors, ordered the rest of my exhaust components today, a dual flow meter setup for my tig regulator so I can back purge this exhaust, double check everything and off to get a tune. 

Thanks for reading ?

20191020_182556.jpg

20191020_182918.jpg

20191020_182841.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

Dyno when? 

I'd like to say early November. I've got a weeks holiday coming up, so unfortunately there won't be any progress then as we're going away. 

I'd estimate 3 or 4 days to make the exhaust, back purging everything as I go, including modifying the engine crossmember for clearance. 

Another few hours in a wheel alignment (currently in track setup) too before I trailer it down there, so then I can drive it home once finished. 

4 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Which page/post has the negine specs so I can review first lol 

Oh and what dyno does he run.

This engine is a stock P12 SR20VE. Stock cams, stock head, springs etc. Stock bottom end. However has been shimmed to 0.01mm factory specs. 

Engine is only running the alternator, no P/S pump, water pump or A/C

4-1 to 3" collector headers

3.5" - 3" mafless intake pipe

Haltech Elite 1500

That's basically it man. 

This is basically an interim engine, partially to make the car more enjoyable for me and so I can teach the wife (or she can teach me) how to drive on the track lol. 

Then I'll finish off the P11 engine. 

Jez uses a Mainline Dyno from memory.