SAU Community

R32 GTR synchro needs replacing

R32 GTR synchro needs replacing

so in my r32 gtr when changing from 3rd to 4th over 60 km it crunches so im guessing the synchro is gone i am planning on pulling the gearbox and replacing the synchro, i have a friend who can do it for me but he has never done a 32 sychro replacement, 

anything to look out for or tips 

also where would you recommend buying the synchros from? do they have a part name?

thanks,

You can get parts and exploded diagrams using the Nissan Fast software. If you are going to strip apart the gearbox to replace the 3rd-4th sychro you may as well refresh the whole box and do all the bearings, synchros, etc while you are there. Did it on a r33 gtr gearbox and synchros, bearings, etc were like $600 from Japan a few years ago.

Just have all the correct parts and a diagram of how it all goes back together. Take photos if in doubt, lots of small parts which need to go in the correct order for it to all work properly again.

On 5/19/2017 at 10:57 PM, breaker1845 said:

You can get parts and exploded diagrams using the Nissan Fast software. If you are going to strip apart the gearbox to replace the 3rd-4th sychro you may as well refresh the whole box and do all the bearings, synchros, etc while you are there. Did it on a r33 gtr gearbox and synchros, bearings, etc were like $600 from Japan a few years ago.

Just have all the correct parts and a diagram of how it all goes back together. Take photos if in doubt, lots of small parts which need to go in the correct order for it to all work properly again.

which company did you buy the synchros/bearing etc from?