SAU Community

Identifying Clutch Fork out of GTR R33 Vspec

Good afternoon gents, (here in Canada its afternoon anyways), I've got a bit of an interesting situation involving my Exedy Hyper Carbon Twin Disc install on my GTR R33. I made a thread a few days back trying my best to explain the situation but I guess its so rare no one really has any answers, so I figured Id start by trying to identify parts as to what they ACTUALLY are, vs what I THINK they are. I will upload some pictures, and as much info as I have about the objects. Thanks for reading.

My clutch fork. Reason for posting this is because Im wondering if this is the reason I can't install my clutch? After I have everything bolted on,(i.e. flywheel, discs,) and I move to sliding the trans back together with the motor, what happens is the output shaft or the sleeve on it or whatever, it will come in contact with the clutch center hub( the piece with splines, it separates the two carbon clutch discs), and it looks like the clutch fork has no room to slide the throwout bearing on the shaft, if that makes sense. There is about 5/8th of an inch between the engine and trans when things start hitting each other.20170520_222922.jpg20170516_154212.jpg

And is that the pull type thrust bearing I partly see in one of your pics ?

Like this : !  !

Pic didn't work ! Post up your the thrust bearing as well !

Edited by PLYNX

Yep those are all definitely pull type clutch components. What is the part number on the exedy clutch?

I will get that ASAP! I'm curious, does the output shaft sleeve look stock on the picture I uploaded? Does anyone happen to know what the stock length is supposed to be of the output shaft sleeve on a r33 gtr trans? Another thing is too, the clutch fork is actually hitting the pressure plate when we have everything almost back together, there would never be enough room for the release bearing to slide on the shaft.