SAU Community

C34 Series 2 - Gremilin with starting

djhutchie

C34 Series 2 - Gremilin with starting

Hi All,

I have a frustrating problem. A few weeks ago my car was broken into, barrel lock ripped out and battery flattened. Fine, charged battery and now I start the car with a screwdriver.

My issue is the car doesn't start every time now, seems to be quite random, probably starts 50% of the time. When it does start, it roars into life in well under a second and runs like a clock. When it doesn't it just cranks and cranks without a hint of getting started, which made me believe it was a sticky relay or dodgy earth. I have since replaced or swapped around all the relays and inspected and cleaned all the earths i could find (about 5 in engine bay and one in the driver's kick panel). Oh, and I can hear the fuel pump working regardless of it not starting. Battery voltage is 13.2v, but the starter still sounds fine with this. There are also no ECU codes.

I have searched far and wide and can't find a solution. Would anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

Should I just get an auto elec in?

Pulling my hair out!

hmm, I have actually rulled this out, even when it doesn't start you can see the dash warning lights on, if they are on it means the ignition switch is doing it's thing correctly.

• 4 weeks later...