SAU Community

R32 GTR Drag Cylinder Head

Hi all,

New to the forums after a little advice regarding my rb26 head build.

Im currently building a r32 drag car and im looking at building a head that will support 1300awhp+ , before anyone asks the rest of the engine and driveline will be capable of the power im chasing i just want to do the head right the first time around

I will be starting with a new core.

Im thinking about going sum custom cams but unsure who does the best for this sort of an application.

What i would like to know is who in australia does the best porting jobs on the rb26 with proven results.

Also suggestions on the valve train im looking at ferrea 1mm oversized valves but not sure on what are better in the way of spring and retainer kits. Are ferrea, tomei, and supertech all pretty similar in quality and performance?

Are tomei solid lifters and bronze valve guides going to be up there with the best or is there better available?

Also ive heard of +2mm oversized exhaust valves being an option but unsure of who makes them....

Any advice or help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by Dc 32-gtr
Missed word

any of the well known shops who have proven GTR's will be able to source the right gear and head for you, Maatouks, C&V, GTR Motorsport, JW etc.

Biggest valves you can get, no squish, make is hemispherical, look into plug clocking, lots  of attention to short turn and be prepared to bin several heads finding the limits of jacket thickness. 

mate,

after getting in touch with the owner of NAPREC and exchanging about 30 emails... .ive just sent a head off to NAPREC in japan which arrived to them the other day. what i'm getting is JAPANESE precision...you cant get that in australia.

the head getting ported & polished to within an inch of its life to bring out the goodness in the +1mm BIG valves.... and the squish is also getting thrown out the door in favour of the legendary hemi chamber

no need for squish when aiming for brute power with no concern for emissions : )

also, you'll want to change the valve seats for 1000ps+

food for thought.

I can guarentee that whatever naprec can do, can be done if not better here in aus and without the 2 year turnaround. They are notorious for taking thier time. 

• Like 3