SAU Community

Need for Speed 2017

There's a new Need for Speed set to be announced and revealed around 11pm tonight. 

I actually enjoyed the most recent one more than I thought I would (despite the restriction on car ownership and customization)

Also, in their teaser photo theres an R34. 
NFS-2017-Reveal-June-2-Tease.jpg

source: http://gematsu.com/2017/06/need-speed-2017-reveal-set-june-2

• Like 2

im still yet to play the last one. The trailers didnt sell me on it, but it might be worth a few hours of my time if I can pick it up for under $10

this one looks like the same shit-different smell with liquid Speedhunters poured all over it.

On 6/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, Mr Phatt34 said:

Anyone know if new "Payback" will allow manual shifting? Last one didn't include, which was biggest reason I didn't buy

It was patched into the game after launch. 

• Like 1

I've sworn off Need for Speed after too many time getting my hopes up only to have them completely shatter by the gameplay/physics. Did anyone ever try "The Run" probably the worst physics I've ever seen in a car game (at least a big budget game).

This video was the one that got me super excited and the game delivered none of what appeared be promised... (bear in mind 2010).

Edit:

My favourite part is at 1.31, you can hear the Koenigsegg pedalling the throttle to correct a slide (headphones up loud).

If they had made this game as good as this trailer i'd still be playing it.

Edited by Steve85

I've been trying to hunt down a copy and mods for NFS Porsche 2000. Was my favourite of the series. Most detailed cars, nice maps, handling is very average but around 2010 people were modding it. Trying to find those files now is a challenge though

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

I've been trying to hunt down a copy and mods for NFS Porsche 2000. Was my favourite of the series. Most detailed cars, nice maps, handling is very average but around 2010 people were modding it. Trying to find those files now is a challenge though

ive got a copy somewhere. ill see if i can find it.

• Like 1