SAU Community

GTR Festival photo thread (and competition)

Did anyone get footage of the cars on the heritage display drive? Our in car footage was pretty terrible. I'd appreciate it if someone could share their video of the drive with me? (Hoping someone was in the stands).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PranK said:

There must be more pics?

Full dump coming through. It looks as though i spent too much time talking, not enough time taking photos...

Edit: mine are in chronological order (because lazy).

Edited by Steve85

4 minutes ago, PranK said:

Did you trailer from Melbourne? That's commitment!! Well done! 

Sure did... I'm not sure I would do it again. It wasn't the easiest thing to do. But it was certainly worth doing once. I met heaps of super friendly people and a lot of people knew that my car was an LM Limited, which was a pleasant surprise. 

I had an awesome time, and wish I had done a couple of passes on the drags or gone in the motorkhana. Next time, hopefully someone else brings some cars up and I can share shipping with them and just fly up. 

Also got to chat in person with Josh and Chris from Galvsport. These were the guys who built my car and who got it ready for shipping. Until Saturday I hadn't met them at all. Top guys and really friendly. Worth the trip just to meet them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve85 said:

@DJBarnstar, hats off to you mate, you were ripping it up all day. 

I watched a bunch of your motorkhana runs... i'd say committed about sums them up. You were damn quick.

Thanks Steve,

Shame we didn't get to chat!

I must say that was all Daisy had. I've never tried a Motorkhana with street tyres before and in many ways was a lot more fun than with Semi's!! Loose as!

Pretty meh with the times on the drag strip though. Obviously not making the power that the dyno graph would indicate.

Best car meet I have ever been to. Ended up getting 7 Moto runs and 7 drag runs and was still able to drive back to Canberra that night with no breakages! Winning!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steve85 said:

Did anyone get footage of the cars on the heritage display drive? Our in car footage was pretty terrible. I'd appreciate it if someone could share their video of the drive with me? (Hoping someone was in the stands).

Here you go :)

• Like 2

On 6/3/2017 at 6:23 PM, PranK said:

I think my first post is confusing.

Upload as many as you want into this thread. Then we do the competition later with an image you pick.

I want to see what I missed out on! 

Autotrinkets-6_zps0kswgitu.jpg

SAU.NSW Section.
"...what you missed out on!" ;)
This ain't my pic, so it's not in the comp.

• Like 4