SAU Community

Aftermarket fuel pressure regs , which work best .

Aftermarket fuel pressure regs , which work best .

Hi all , I'm using a Turbosmart FPR 800 which I went to when the Plazma rail and ID850s went in .

I'm suspicious that these "entry level" 800s may do some unusual things compared to an OE RB25 reg anyway .

First up they obviously don't hold pressure very long after shut down and the fuel pump sounds excited when priming up to start . Also I seem to get a lightning quick lean spike when opening the throttle at light loads and lowish revs . I use a Tech Edge WB3A2 with a Bosch LSU 4.9 02 probe . It seems impossible to tune out the lean spike and mostly it can't be felt when driving . I've never been inside one of these regs to see what they use for a regulating valve so don't know how well it works compared to an OE FPR .

I've been searching to see what others have found and note some seeing marked pressure fluctuations when the injectors open initially . I did have a play with injector dead time voltages and it did improve the spike partially but its not the real fix .

One FPR tester found that there can be a wide range in FPR performance and while they didn't want to mention brands they did say that the Turbosmart FPR2000 worked quite well . Also btw I'm using a new Nizmo 33GTR fuel pump .

If you want a know good adjustable FPR what's the deluxe option .

Thanks in advance cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

Best course of action is to identify if you're getting silly pressure fluctuations.

Install a decent pressure sensor in the fuel line, and log.

The FPR800 may not be the poor performer.