SAU Community

Tuners in Melbourne

AC34GTT

17 hours ago, Spec-s Gttt said:

Call this guys up dude they pretty good tune cars and mods speak to sam

From what you've posted appears to be a graphics mob, a car audio installer and a panelbeater? Where does tuning fit into it?

1 hour ago, AC34GTT said:

Anyone have experience with Race Pace in Bayswater?

Yes, a forum favourite. Did fantastic work installing some tricky mods and tuning my GTS-T with a very safe and "factory" feeling tune - would happily re-use.

I've nothing but good things to say about Racepace. Although, I will admit they aren't the cheapest around, but at least you know it will be done right the first time. (In my experience).

16 hours ago, Birds said:

Yes, a forum favourite. Did fantastic work installing some tricky mods and tuning my GTS-T with a very safe and "factory" feeling tune - would happily re-use.

16 hours ago, Steve85 said:

I've nothing but good things to say about Racepace. Although, I will admit they aren't the cheapest around, but at least you know it will be done right the first time. (In my experience).

Good to know! Now I've gotta decide between Racepace and Chequered!

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2017 at 3:55 PM, AC34GTT said:

I've heard nothing but good things about Chequered Tuning. But they are an hour each way from where I live...

May I ask what work you had done at Chasers? Just tuning?

Car was stock originally - They installed power fc, PFC boost controller, injectors, fuel pump, and high flow, then tune. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my r33 gtst tuned at chequered.
Car made 258rwkw at 17-18 psi peaking to around 20psi in the midrange.
Hks gtrs turbo, blitz return flow cooler, good 3 inch exhaust, 1000cc xpurts and other supporting mods.
Car now makes full boost at 3500rpm in comparison to full boost at 5000rpm it made with the OP6 hypergear highflow at chasers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2017 at 9:44 PM, vxsr33 said:

Personally I've been to chasers for a tune and i wasn't too happy with the outcome. At the time i had a hypergear g3 r34 highflow turbo on my r33 gtst, blitz return flow cooler, full exhaust and all supporting mods.

I was happy with the power of 250rwkw at 16psi, what i wasn't happy with was the fact the car was making full boost at 5000rpm.
When i saw the dyno sheet i had a chat to paul the tuner about why it was so laggy and he basically just told me it's the turbo and he can't do anything about it.

Even though i had a return flow cooler, exhaust was a bit restrictive (wasn't too bad though) and the bigger turbo i don't think i should have been reaching full boost no where near that late. I wasn't happy to not get any suggestions or solutions other than to get another turbo.

Not trying to bag chasers out or anything just sharing my experience, heaps of other people have been very happy with their service. Other than that the car felt way smoother to drive, idled perfectly, cold start was perfect aswell.

Imo if you have a hypergear turbo go to chequered since they deal with hypergear all the time.

Can't blame the tuner if you bought a shit turbo and have a less than healthy engine. 

On 8/3/2017 at 1:22 PM, vxsr33 said:

Finally got my r33 gtst tuned at chequered.
Car made 258rwkw at 17-18 psi peaking to around 20psi in the midrange.
Hks gtrs turbo, blitz return flow cooler, good 3 inch exhaust, 1000cc xpurts and other supporting mods.
Car now makes full boost at 3500rpm in comparison to full boost at 5000rpm it made with the OP6 hypergear highflow at chasers.

Much better choice of turbo!

Sounds like the tune was fine on the previous setup but the slightly tired old RB25 is letting you down a bit. As long as it drives good power is irrelevant.