SAU Community

Newbie from across the pond

Die$eL

Just now, Trex said:

with both rear wheels off the ground, turn one. If both wheels rotate in the same direction it has an lsd.

Thanks. Will try tonight. 

Well even if it doesnt have LSD, the back should still kick out rite?

1 hour ago, Die$eL said:

Thanks. Will try tonight. 

Well even if it doesnt have LSD, the back should still kick out rite?

Depends if the other side want's to start spinning or not. They usually have a mind of their own.

It won't step out if only one wheel is losing traction.

Sorry for all the questions.

1 more:

I notice the car has a mechanical fan that runs off the pulley. 

Do many people replace it with an electric fan? Should be less parasitic loss of power. 

ok so I figured out why the power wasn't transferring properly while turning or launching.

Found the thread below. I just love this forum. Such a wealth of information!

Hi all,

Any ideas what this is?

It was just bolted to the body inside the engine bay.

Looks like a sack filled with some beads. I assumed it's some sort of prayer item/good luck charm that the previous owner had put in and I removed it.

20170614_172101.jpg

20170614_172106.jpg

no the mesh isn't metal. its like a fiber thing. 

I forgot to take close up pics after I removed it. will do when I get home. 

I initially though something to do with grounding but when I saw it doesnt really connect anything together I doubted that. It's just from one part of metal to another part of the same metal.

Here are some close up pics of that thing, whatever it is. I cut it open and there are some sort of beads in it. Anyways I binned it.

We had a long weekend so I got some stuff done on the car.

Confirmed it has LSD by having both rear wheels in the air and they spin in the same direction.

Sprayed the rear wiper arm, the wheels, the clamps that hold the radiator and those that hold the aircon radiator as well as the nuts that hold them.

The wheels took me forever to do as I had to clean and sand them first and then apply a few coats of primer and wait between each coat. + it was cold so it took long to dry

I also used a grinding stone attachment on the drill and ground down the curb rash.

I'm SOOOoo happy with the end result. 

Oh, I managed to fiddle with the manual boost controller and got it boosting at 11psi (0.75bar)

I noticed though that it boosts to 0.75bar as I go into each gear and as i pull through the rev range it starts dropping and ends up at 0.5bar. Any ideas on why?

Got the car hand polished but I still need to do a glaze sometime soon.

20170617_165527.jpg

20170617_165403.jpg

aaa20170618_103918.jpg

Oh, one more thing. I replaced the rear tyres which were 235/40/18 with 255/35/18

They fit ok but are stretched ever so slightly on the rim. I think I heard them touch while cornering a little hard. Any ideas whats is the broadest tyre that I could fit on the front? 

They are currently 225/40/18 and they are very stretched.