SAU Community

Rb30de for 30/25 build

Bilga

Was having a look online and read a few places that a rb30de engine as long as it's series 2 is fine to use for 30/25 turbo build so long as you change the cams and pistons as I was going to anyway. Is this true because if it is my mates got a spare rb30de s2 with water and oil lines already that I can have so would save a bunch of money on doing so.

Cheers guys.

Stock s2 block here with 345kw, bottom end cost $200.. 

Awesome man. Looking forward to grabbing it soon. Gotta find the right car now search is on.

43 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

You can use stock pistons if you are poor. I think you'll find the cams are in the head.

Will probably upgrade pistons just because it'll all be apart. And yeah, was a copy and paste from vl forums. :P

53 minutes ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

You don't need water and oil lines if you are just going RB30DE, the water and oil lines are just for the turbo.

Going to be turbo. Only just got into the planning phase so still doing a fair bit of research and planning out the go.

Once I've mapped everything out as far as all parts used for certain components I'll do a write up and can get critiqued on the optimal way to progress towards my goal.

End goal is MAX 500RWKW, tuned to say around 350ish - Want it for Race Days, Street driving/weekending occasional weekly use.

Edited by Bilga

Goal Output: 350RWKW, Maximum reliability.

ENGINE
    Top End
                - RB25 Head
                - RB25 Camshafts

Bottom End
                - RB30 Block
                - RB30 Crankshaft
                - RB30 Pistons
                - RB30 Rods

Turbo
                - Garrett 3076 Top Mounted Turbo

Other
                - Stock Water Pump
                - Stock Oil Pump

Fuel
                - 1000cc Injectors
                - Bosch 044 Fuel Pump
                - HKS Fuel Rail
                - Billet Fuel Filter
                - SARD Fpr
                - Speedflow Fittings

GEARBOX
                - Stock RB25 Gearbox
                - Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch
                - Nismo Shifter

DIFFERENTIAL
                - Nismo 1.5 Way
                - 4.11:1

COMPUTER
                Not sure, Haltec, Powerfc, Vipec

Go to town on critiquing. Would love to get the optimal parts for my goal, within a good price as cheap as necessary but do want it reliable.

8 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Right your thread says RB30DE so was confused. No way 1000cc injectors and a 3076 will ever make 500kw but will do 350kw no worries

Yeah, I changed to just aiming for 350kw. More reasonable for my budget and my first build. The only thing I think I might change from that above list is just getting some upgraded cams, from what I've read and seen others do they've achieved my numbers with a pretty similar setup. Do you think that the listed above build will be pretty reasonably reliable at about 350kw?

I've just about completed my 2530 depending on power goals is not a cheap build. I hate to add the final figure but all I can recommend to it once do it right. Remember poor man pays twice
List of mods include
Series 2 rb30de block
Ported rb25 head
Tomei valve springs and retainers
Camtech 272 cams
Garrett gt42
Npc twin plate clutch
Bosch 2200 injectors
Microtech lt16c with flex tune
List goes on

If you buy a neo head and intake you'll save money on the reg and fuel rail plus all the other benefits like solid lifters.

My fuel system is maxed with 1000's and walbro 416, change the 044 pump for a bigger.

49 minutes ago, AngryRB said:

If you buy a neo head and intake you'll save money on the reg and fuel rail plus all the other benefits like solid lifters.

My fuel system is maxed with 1000's and walbro 416, change the 044 pump for a bigger.

Going to use the head and any other useful salvageable parts from the engine from the car I buy 33 gts-t.

19 hours ago, gtst_94 said:

I've just about completed my 2530 depending on power goals is not a cheap build. I hate to add the final figure but all I can recommend to it once do it right. Remember poor man pays twice
List of mods include
Series 2 rb30de block
Ported rb25 head
Tomei valve springs and retainers
Camtech 272 cams
Garrett gt42
Npc twin plate clutch
Bosch 2200 injectors
Microtech lt16c with flex tune
List goes on

I think i am going to go with the option of doing it right first, it's going to be in the build phase for a long time since I can't drive it anyway for another year so there is no rush. So It's going to be well worth it when it is done.

Edited by Bilga