SAU Community

Die$eL's R33 GTS build

Die$eL's R33 GTS build

Hi all,

I'm Nishan from South Africa. I know this is an Australian forum but it seems you guys are in the know on the Skylines and it's extremely difficult to find anyone here in SA that knows them well.

I've just got myself a 95 R33 GTS. I've always wanted the GTR but after getting the GTS I'm satisfied. 

Just the sound of the RB25 puts a smile on my face. 

Current mods include: Milltek exhaust, button clutch, manual boost controller, coilovers and 18" mags

The car seems healthy other than:

- clutch master cylinder needs to be refurbed

- small coolant leak from water pump

- there is some weird noise at times. Its difficult to explain. I'm assuming its the power steering pump/system. Will flush and replace the fluid. Any suggestions on how to to this and what fluid to use? 

Other than that my to-do list includes:

- machine polish the body as it has lost some of its lustre

- oil service

- coolant flush and replace (will do when i'm repairing the leak)

- replace diff oil

- replace gearbox oil

- replace fuel filter

- remove the super dark window tint and replace with a light grey/black

- check and clean spark plugs

- check and clean brake system

- chassis clean

- grease axle, U-Joints etc.

- engine bay cleanup and tidy

- polish intake manifold

- strip and clean entire air intake system including ISCV, MAF etc.

- restore the headlights

- replace rear tyres

- replace cam belt and all the bits that go with it.

What I"ve done to date:

- the car is currently at the mac to refurb the clutch master cylinder. He is having issues getting the correct size plungers etc. Its really difficult sourcing parts for this car in SA

- fitted a battery isolator as I won't be driving the car daily and want to save the battery

- did a quick engine wash. I only had about a 1/4 bottle of engine degreaser. will do a proper wash when the car is back

I'm a big fan of preventative maintenance. Is there anything else that I should be giving attention to?

aaIMG-20170604-WA0029.jpg

aaIMG-20170604-WA0030.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress updates in italics.

- clutch master cylinder needs to be refurbed - stripped it, tried to get new seals but could not so reassembled it. Clutch does seem better now but not perfect.

- small coolant leak from water pump - bought a new one but it's in cape town (over 1000kms away). Just need to get it shipped up to me.

- machine polish the body as it has lost some of its lustre - Did a hand polish and there is a Huge difference. Will get it clayed and detailed once the pressing issues are sorted.

- oil service - Done!

- check and clean spark plugs - Done

- check and clean brake system - Checked but did not clean yet.

- replace rear tyres - Done

- engine bay cleanup and tidy - Partly done. Still lots more to do

- strip and clean entire air intake system including ISCV, MAF etc.- Started. I've cleaned part of the intake system and the MAF. I've never seen a MAF that dirty. Previously the fumes off the car made your eyes burn and there was a strong fuel smell. This is now sorted after I cleaned the MAF.

- restore the headlights - They were polished along with the car and are Much better. Still need to do another polish on them though.

The speedometer was not working. I found a plastic wire connector from the speed sender on the gearbox that broke and was undone. Zip tied it together and now I know by how much i'm exceeding the speed limit.

I also fiddled with the manual boost controller and got it boosting at 0.75bar (11psi). I believe this is still safe on the stock turbo.

Still to do:

- coolant flush and replace (will do when i'm repairing the leak) 

- replace diff oil

- replace gearbox oil

- replace fuel filter

- remove the super dark window tint and replace with a light grey/black

- chassis clean

- grease axle, U-Joints etc.

- polish intake manifold

- replace cam belt and all the bits that go with it.

- there is some weird noise at times. Its difficult to explain. I'm assuming its the power steering pump/system. Will flush and replace the fluid. 

- the dash surrounds around the radio etc have been plastidipped and bits are worn. I will be pulling it off, cleaning it up and recoating it.

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

You know this is a section for human builds and not cars?

oh shyte. I see that now. How do I move/delete the thread?

On 6/22/2017 at 6:33 PM, r32-25t said:

You know this is a section for human builds and not cars?

Shhh...you'll piss off the autobot.