SAU Community

Hi everyone

DAN31G

Hi everyone

Hi,

My name is Danielle, we live in Bathurst and my hubby is a Datsun fan (Rally's a coupe). . After all Datsuns are 'OLD' Nissan :10_wink:

I recently turned 40 and decided it was time to get a car for me. I wanted a 350z but having to travel to Sydney to get my step son i needed the 3rd seat. So 2003 350GT coupe is what i brought myself as my "mid-life crisis car"

Hoping that i can get the hang of this forum thread to find out some valuable information 

Thanks

Dan

• Like 1

I LOVE it!! Wish I had brought one earlier

Haha, it's your opinion that matters. It's great that you've found the car you love.
Good for you, hope you keep on loving it!

Keep us up to date on it!
  • Like 1

I don't think he was having a go Dan haha.
Nice car, good luck with it!

Not sure with these forums.... just because I'm a gal doesn't mean I can drive a nice car. My last car was a V8 Clubsport. I'm just here like everyone is. I'm someone who would never just jump in a give my opinion without being asked first.

Little does he know, my son who's an apprentice Machanic actually did a full service on it for me and polished the lights up too. Although I don't know how he could actually tell they were faded as the lights weren't on at it was taken in a Main Street of Bathurst about 8pm at night.

Am looking into getting them tinted. So if anyone knows someone that can point me in that direction then TIA [emoji846]
  • Like 1

never tint headlights, it simply makes your car illegal for no gain.

which clubby did you have? good to see your back in a "proper car " ;)

• Like 1

That's why I said "looks a little faded". I've seen plenty of V35s with yellow, heavily faded headlights (some shitty blue HID bulbs in them). I didn't say you car was crap, it looks quite good. I was merely pointing something out that you might want to address, as faded headlights reduce output (i.e. dimmer headlights).

The amount of cars I see around with barely visible reflectors and subsequent glare tells me that people aren't paying attention to it. But it's good your son sorted it out. Just remember to put a UV resistant clear over it (I have fading issues with my Subaru ones, so I polish the headlights every couple of months).

If you're after the tinted look, I suggest splitting the headlights and painting the inside plastic bit (non-reflective surfaces), or even retrofit HID projectors in ;)

e.g. :

a8128c249c108220b0e3a7c8afce04de.jpg

There are 'blacked out' aftermarket headlights available with projectors, although they have rubbish halogen projectors. If you go down that path, I suggest splitting them and changing the projectors to something good (there are kits available for that as well).

Lastly, I don't see the connection with my comment on your headlights to you being a female (it doesn't matter to me what your gender is, a car enthusiast is a car enthusiast). I've made a few comments on people's headlights being faded (not just this forum), because it's something that's easily fixed, has good positive results on look and safety.

But hey, that's just my opinion :)

Since you're from a race/rally background, can we expect to see you in race/hillclimb events? Would be cool to see more V35s out on tracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAN31G said:

Not sure with these forums.... just because I'm a gal doesn't mean I can drive a nice car. My last car was a V8 Clubsport. I'm just here like everyone is. I'm someone who would never just jump in a give my opinion without being asked first.

Little does he know, my son who's an apprentice Machanic actually did a full service on it for me and polished the lights up too. Although I don't know how he could actually tell they were faded as the lights weren't on at it was taken in a Main Street of Bathurst about 8pm at night.

Am looking into getting them tinted. So if anyone knows someone that can point me in that direction then TIA emoji846.png

No one brought up your gender...

Everyone on this forum is very nice and accommodating to new members, you don't have to be so defensive, sheesh.

• Like 1

I might just pop in and say we're very, VERY lucky on these forums. The vast majority of members are mature, helpful and accomodating. 

While its easy to think people are having a go, its probably worth noting that on SAU people are usually *not* having a go (or if they are, its more obvious and they're likely just taking the piss).

(Oh, and as a side note, we have a lot of female members too. Theres no sexism or assumed knowledge.)

Enjoy the forums. :)

• Like 2

^^^ Mature... pssshhhh. Haha. I have the mental age of a child!!! Haha that's why I'm always broke and forever playing video games! Wife, kid, house and job, I don't know where they came from!

• Like 1

That's why I said "looks a little faded". I've seen plenty of V35s with yellow, heavily faded headlights (some shitty blue HID bulbs in them). I didn't say you car was crap, it looks quite good. I was merely pointing something out that you might want to address, as faded headlights reduce output (i.e. dimmer headlights).
The amount of cars I see around with barely visible reflectors and subsequent glare tells me that people aren't paying attention to it. But it's good your son sorted it out. Just remember to put a UV resistant clear over it (I have fading issues with my Subaru ones, so I polish the headlights every couple of months).
If you're after the tinted look, I suggest splitting the headlights and painting the inside plastic bit (non-reflective surfaces), or even retrofit HID projectors in [emoji6]
e.g. :
a8128c249c108220b0e3a7c8afce04de.jpg
There are 'blacked out' aftermarket headlights available with projectors, although they have rubbish halogen projectors. If you go down that path, I suggest splitting them and changing the projectors to something good (there are kits available for that as well).
Lastly, I don't see the connection with my comment on your headlights to you being a female (it doesn't matter to me what your gender is, a car enthusiast is a car enthusiast). I've made a few comments on people's headlights being faded (not just this forum), because it's something that's easily fixed, has good positive results on look and safety.
But hey, that's just my opinion [emoji4]
Since you're from a race/rally background, can we expect to see you in race/hillclimb events? Would be cool to see more V35s out on tracks.

Hey Mr Opinion [emoji6]
Point me in the direction of those after market lights please. I don't mind them....something different!

I was considering putting a bullbar on due to the Roo's out here as i travel to Blayney and Sydney a lot. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] JOKES!!
  • Like 1

^^^ Mature... pssshhhh. Haha. I have the mental age of a child!!! Haha that's why I'm always broke and forever playing video games! Wife, kid, house and job, I don't know where they came from!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Mature?! Me either! They always say don't work with kids or animals right? So I'm a educator that looks after kids with Autism and recently introduced a puppy to the household as well as preparing my Toyota coupe of a rally in a couple of weeks [emoji30]

Luckily I'm a "works" driver according to my husband [emoji6]
  • Like 2