SAU Community

Pioneer avh-x8850bt review.

MissGTR34

Pioneer avh-x8850bt review.

Advice needed. Just purchased the pioneer avh-x8850bt, 

Does anyone have it installed and are experiencing any issues? 

No Digital radio was a bit of a surprise bit apple car play and android auto are a plus.

Going to instal into my BNR34, any advice about rewiring the loom? 

Cheers guys xo

Not sure how relevant this is but I recently installed a Pioneer AVH x7850BT into my R32 GT-R along with an amp and new speakers.

Aerpro make the harness to connect but the thing to watch for is that the Pioneer connector socket is different on newer models. Aerpro may have updated the harness since I bought my stuff 6 months ago.

There is also a cable that needs to be wired to the handbrake activation sensor. Some discussion that this can be bypassed by earthing it instead but this didn't work for me. The more reading that I did implied that the head unit needs to be wired to the handbrake or there are devices that car audio shops use for demos that can simulate the same connection.

Parts that I bought from ryda.com below - which may differ to your R34.

Aerpro AP348A - Nissan Antenna Adaptor

Aerpro APP8PIO8 Pioneer AV to ISO Wiring Harness

Aerpro Nissan to ISO Wiring Harness - APP0121

1 hour ago, Robzilla32 said:

Not sure how relevant this is but I recently installed a Pioneer AVH x7850BT into my R32 GT-R along with an amp and new speakers.

Aerpro make the harness to connect but the thing to watch for is that the Pioneer connector socket is different on newer models. Aerpro may have updated the harness since I bought my stuff 6 months ago.

There is also a cable that needs to be wired to the handbrake activation sensor. Some discussion that this can be bypassed by earthing it instead but this didn't work for me. The more reading that I did implied that the head unit needs to be wired to the handbrake or there are devices that car audio shops use for demos that can simulate the same connection.

Parts that I bought from ryda.com below - which may differ to your R34.

Aerpro AP348A - Nissan Antenna Adaptor

Aerpro APP8PIO8 Pioneer AV to ISO Wiring Harness

Aerpro Nissan to ISO Wiring Harness - APP0121

Yeah on my daily i have the AVH-X5800DAB i just earthed the wire just behind the unit worked well, (see pic)

may be different on the newer model as u said, i saw the AV to ISO wiring harness too but the connection looked different to the one i had in my daily eventually i just had a friend wire up a new loom connector for me whilst i translated from the jap manual which coloured wire did what... aha... bit more concerned with the GTR though im a bjt more cautious dont want to fk up that wiring in any manner really. 

20170610_150046.jpg