SAU Community

R33 gtst Daily

13 hours ago, 33easy said:

Good luck finding one! I got one from Skyline Spares PTY LTD so maybe try the wreckers, for about $240 iirc

I just search fb/ebay/gumtree. Budget is half what you paid :

• 2 weeks later...

The development path you're on looks well thought out, and should be proving cost effective and fun.

Look at a HICAS lock bar, and a 1.5 or 2 way diff centre next.  Makes a massive difference to handling and power down capabilities.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Look at a HICAS lock bar, and a 1.5 or 2 way diff centre next.  Makes a massive difference to handling and power down capabilities

The lock bar is definitely on my list, any recommendations? And what does a 1.5/2 way diff centre do?

The lock bar is definitely on my list, any recommendations? And what does a 1.5/2 way diff centre do?
Go with a Hicas eliminator kit if you can. The lock bar can still develop a bit of play i believe. 1.5/2 way allows you to transmit equal torque between both rear wheels and will give you a lot more traction. Makes the car more predictable aswell. Google is your friend.
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

Go with a Hicas eliminator kit if you can. The lock bar can still develop a bit of play i believe

The lock bar won't have any play, but it only replaces the Hicas steering rack, and still uses the stock tie rod ends & ball joints. This is where the play usually develops. An eliminator replaces these with new arms & bushes.

The lock bar won't have any play, but it only replaces the Hicas steering rack, and still uses the stock tie rod ends & ball joints. This is where the play usually develops. An eliminator replaces these with new arms & bushes.
I don't mean the lock bar itself, i mean the hicas tie rods can develop some play in them.
Elim kit seems to be the better option imo, but lock bar is easy to install and easily reversible.
Both of my hicas tie rods had play in them so it was more cost effective to install a delete kit.

On 11/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, vxsr33 said:

Elim kit seems to be the better option imo, but lock bar is easy to install and easily reversible.

Thanks for the info guys, I would probably go lock bar just to see if I like it (cuz its reversible) and then sort out an eliminator kit later.

As for the diff that would probably be further down the road, as right now she's just a street car :)

So I got the new bar on... bad news is it isn't colour matched. Will be a little while before I can get it back to the painter to get it sorted. I like the overall look though, should look good when I get the GTR wing on.

newbar.jpg

• 1 month later...

So about a month after I buy my fuel pump brand new, it decides to commit honourable seppuku. Was easy enough to replace as I had another walbro 255 lying around. Reused the same wiring and everything so its definitely the pump! Pretty strange for a pump to die brand new like that but shit happens I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I also had to siphon out some fuel as the tank was full and I didn't want to get everything saturated. Found out that siphoning with a garden hose is HARD and P98 tastes terrible... :7_sweat_smile: i  would recommend replacing the pump when you have half a tank or less.

Also attended an SAU event which was a cruise up Putty Road from Windsor to Singleton. I had a great day and was really happy with how the car performed :)

Fuelpumpcollage.thumb.jpg.87add5422267ae4abbaa27091725365a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...