SAU Community

Dented Door repair

Dented Door repair

Turning around & someone in a big 4WD banged into my passenger door. No damage to his car but obviously as you can see in this picture it made a mess of my door! So I want to get this fixed but have no idea of the potential cost or where to take is so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

Passenger door.jpg

42 minutes ago, mycarhasposessedme said:

Ring your insurance company & find one of their recommended repairers in your area.

I don't want to make an insurance claim. I am hoping that it won't be overly expensive. It is just the door that is dented, no other panels. 

25 minutes ago, Hadouken said:

If it wasn't your fault why don't you go through insurance?

It probably would be deemed my fault, I was turning into traffic, everyone let me through & this idiot came tearing down on the inside. If it's going to be less than $1k I will just get it done myself. I guess that I will have a better idea by tomorrow when I get someone to look at it. I just don't know if I need to get a full door or if the skin can be replaced or if it can just be fixed up.

^^  this.  We had a dented door on my wife's J31 maxima a couple of years ago, door reskin and respray with blending onto adjoining panels..  $2.5k.  With the V35 being an import, I expect it will be more.  No way will that be anything less than a reskin.

If you want to avoid insurance, I would see if you can find a complete door from a wrecker in the same colour.

I got a quote yesterday... $600 for the door & $500 to get it put on & sprayed but the repairer said that it would be better to spray the whole side of the car ($900) so that it blends in better so $1500 to get it looking good. Luckily I found a red door interstate which I have got shipped to me for $360 so luckily I will hopefully be able to avoid getting the whole side blended in. I would imagine that it would have about the same amount of discolouration based on age so fingers crossed it will not end up being too expensive. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sonicii said:

2nd hand door in the same colour?

Yes, it was a really good match. If it wasn't the same colour it would have been much more expensive. I am pretty happy with the outcome.