SAU Community

r33 rb25 gearbox refurb recomendations

r33 rb25 gearbox refurb recomendations

Hey guys,

After discovering I need a new clutch after 6 races at roll racing I have decided I misewell get the box fixed too while its out. Currently it crunches going into 4th due to those 3 clips popping off which were found in an oil change. 

Anyone had any personal experience or advice on who to go to in NSW SYDNEY?

So far contacted the following with prices:

-Award diff and gearbox seven hills (awaiting call back)

-Smithfield diff and gearbox - $990

-Gearbox express in ingleburn - 1450

Cheers

Award Diff and Gear are spoken quite well about here. I've not had a gearbox rebuilt, however the turnaround and advice with my Nismo diff they put together for me was fantastic.

They are great on the phone too, give them a bell in the morning :)

cheers guys, ive tried calling award diff and gear and left a message.

Probably hear back from them soon if not give them another buzz.

So far everyone I've talked to has recommended the same. Do you guys happen to know if they do a gearbox pickup/drop off service?

Cheers

@iruvyouskyrine hey mate they charged me the following:

$1100 for standard rebuild (box out of car and delivered to them) - this includes bearings, seals, gaskets, needle rollers, thrust, washers, circlips.

They will inspect once open and give me a full quote before commencing any works such as gears, shafts or hard parts as they put it.

Have read multiple threads stating the strength of a good condition rb25 box is fantastic. I wonder however if its worth upgrading anything else while its open. Currently only have 330rkw but with next turbo setup and cams should be looking at about 450ish. Anyone have advice or suggestions? Box isnt going in for a couple of weeks.

Amayama.com sells new rb25 gearbox for $2100 + postage. Could potentially land a new box in Australia for under $3k

Recondition service usually checks internals and if all good seals it back up. At least with a new box from Nissan all gears/syncros are brand new.

Food for thought...

8 hours ago, Rekin said:

Amayama.com sells new rb25 gearbox for $2100 + postage. Could potentially land a new box in Australia for under $3k

Recondition service usually checks internals and if all good seals it back up. At least with a new box from Nissan all gears/syncros are brand new.

Food for thought...

New boxes are available through just jap for 3k, in stock, no waiting. Jeez, i sound like a jj marketing dude. Thats the second time i've mentioned them in 24hrs. If there is any hard parts damaged in op's existing box, brand new starts looking attractive.

• Like 2

New boxes are available through just jap for 3k, in stock, no waiting. Jeez, i sound like a jj marketing dude. Thats the second time i've mentioned them in 24hrs. If there is any hard parts damaged in op's existing box, brand new starts looking attractive.

Do you get a discount worth passing on? :P

Hmm not a bad idea actually..

just had another chat and they are recomending i upgrade to the newer version of the box to avoid the clip issue again for $1100. Which would bring total to $2200

Originally I was just looking at refurb with possible ppg billet selector fork or plate

New version I assume is what Ive been told can be done  ie: how the r34 box works take a 3rd gear from r34 box and what ever gear changing mechs (I cant remember now) the r34 box uses .... which is not clips and put it in the r33 box to solve the clip issue

No change in strength just gets around the clip issue apparently

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, Rekin said:

Food for thought...

Or buy a box local (Adelaide) from me for around 3k.