SAU Community

V36 Radio/Satnav options

V36 Radio/Satnav options

Hi all, 

I'm sorry if this topic has been done to death, but I've had a bit of a look around the forum and can't see a discussion around this specific topic... I'm aware that it's a real pain to get the JDM multimedia system translated to English, and the alternative would be to install an aftermarket head unit/screen. But has anyone tried to install the multimedia system and bezel from a USDM Infiniti? They're plentiful on eBay and can be had for less than $300 but would they work? 

I've heard that all the electrics 'talk to each other' in these cars so would swapping the head unit cause any issues?

If you want a Sat Nav that has US maps then go for it.

You can get a Android based system done. thats the cheapest.

Getting the FM to work is cheap.

Changing the speedo/cluster from the US has been done

If you want a Sat Nav that has US maps then go for it.
You can get a Android based system done. thats the cheapest.
Getting the FM to work is cheap.
Changing the speedo/cluster from the US has been done

Hi guys, sorry for bugging in, but how does the Android based system work? Is it easy to fix it up? Would really appreciate if you could shed some more light on it.
Thanks in advance.

On 6/28/2017 at 10:23 PM, acesofspades31 said:

Hi guys, sorry for bugging in, but how does the Android based system work? Is it easy to fix it up? Would really appreciate if you could shed some more light on it.
Thanks in advance.

Don;t know much.

Synergy Motor sport in Adelaide do it.

Give them a call

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
V36 Radio/Satnav options Hi all, 
I'm sorry if this topic has been done to death, but I've had a bit of a look around the forum and can't see a discussion around this specific topic... I'm aware that it's a real pain to get the JDM multimedia system translated to English, and the alternative would be to install an aftermarket head unit/screen. But has anyone tried to install the multimedia system and bezel from a USDM Infiniti? They're plentiful on eBay and can be had for less than $300 but would they work? 
I've heard that all the electrics 'talk to each other' in these cars so would swapping the head unit cause any issues?

I have a 2007 model and have had the full jap to English swap done.

Wasn't cheap but well worth it as I wanted the full functionality in English. Had to wait for the new screen and drive to arrive as the parts were brand new.

Everything works as designed from factory, sat Nav, radio etc all work perfect along with the steering wheel controls.

Let me know if you want any details on where it was done.

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, 4wsboy said:

I'd love to know where.. and is it all functioning perfectly?

Cheers Steve

(07 36 Sedan)

Lost voice control, the ION air cab filter control and whatever "Carwings" was

Everything else works great