SAU Community

The search for a stock exhaust - R32 GTR

The search for a stock exhaust - R32 GTR

Hi everyone, I picked up an R32 GTR a few weeks back and I've been putting it back to stock and preparing it for a NSW blueslip ever since. The part that's really proving to be an even bigger pain in the arse than the rest of the process is finding a stock exhaust. Nissan quote $2300, Justjap hung up on me (pricks) and my want ads go without reply. So as one last hail Mary before I just get an aftermarket exhaust I'm asking on here, anyone know where I can find one? Any leads on who might have one? Anyone gotten one recently? Anything!?

Hey mate, as stated by another user. 'Does it have to be the original exhaust to pass a RWC?'. I used a 1.5" VR V6 Commodore muffler and welded an adapter plate to my 3" exhuast to get mine down to 90db at 5000rpm.

I ended up buying a '3-stage Valve Controlled Varex X-Force Muffler'. (Works well)!
http://www.xforce.com.au/products

Good luck.

Stock r32 gtr exhausts almost don't exist. I called up over 20 spare parts places a couple of months back when I needed something for an epa test. I ended up modifying an old aftermarket 3 inch exhaust with a twin tipped muffler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darmanin10 said:

Stock r32 gtr exhausts almost don't exist. I called up over 20 spare parts places a couple of months back when I needed something for an epa test. I ended up modifying an old aftermarket 3 inch exhaust with a twin tipped muffler.

I can agree with you on that, My boss was forced to import one from Japan in a container that he brought over.

All aftermarket goodies removed and everything stock going back on a N1 R32 GTR. 

I know I don't need a stock exhaust to pass a blueslip but I do very much want one for the sake of originality. I've not given up but it looks like I'll have to go to an exhaust shop and get something nice made up until I can track one down. Thanks for the suggestions everyone